Welcome
Links
Staff
Hello, and welcome to Requiem of Geass, a Code Geass RP that takes place ten years after Code Geass R2! Make sure to check out our Plot and Rules if you're interested in registering!
Note: If you plan on creating an OC or a Canon, please create an Out of Character account first that will act as a parent for your sub accounts!

Original Opening Date: September 24, 2009

Stats
Credits
STATISTICS M F Tl
Black Knights 2 4 6
Britannian Military 3 1 4
BRL 1 3 4
Unaligned 2 3 5
Students 4 7 11
Canons 0 1 1
Plot, Templates, Graphics, and Original Content in Banner (c) DiamondDust.
Statistics box (c) Revo of RPG-D.
Viridian Glass skin made by Cathulu of RPG-D.
Mini profile courtesy of Kitten of RPG-D.
The original concept of 'Code Geass', 'Code Geass R.2.' by Gorō Taniguchi, Ichirō Ōkouchi, Sunrise, CLAMP, and Bandai Entertainment.
MOUSE OVER BANNER FOR INFO

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Pendragon Panic
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Feb 26 2017, 08:20 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

Back home already? It seemed like not long ago Lumen was involved in a fiasco here, now he was likely going to find himself in another. There was enough weight behind Luce's suspicions that General Arnfried assigned the two this mission in Pendragon. They were to snuff out the redcoat in the Britannian cabinet, and if possible bring him back alive for questioning. Without a doubt, he had a contact in Pendragon that would be of great assistance to them in this endeavor.

He had been waiting in a small little cafe nestled along the bustling center of the city. Checking his pocket watch, he noted that the two women he was to meet would likely be here soon. Melina...although she was undoubtedly their greatest source of info, he would have to keep on his toes with her around. He was on official Inquisitor business and he didn't want Melina being privy to the ignominious things he had done and would likely continue to do in the days to come. A sharp one she was, much like Lucetta. Speaking of which, it would be a bit interesting to see how the two interacted with each other. He was certain Lucetta wouldn't do anything too outlandish that would draw Melina's suspicions.

On the topic of Lucetta, this would be her first time meeting, let alone working with a member of the royal family. More accurate, it would be the first time she was aware she was working a member of the royal family. How amusing it would be if she were to discover she was not working with just one, but two royal family members. A part of him wondered if she was nervous; she didn't seem like the type of person to get herself riled up, even over meeting such a prominent public icon.

All of his other thoughts hardly mattered now. He was more concerned with his course of action once they had apprehended the culprit. The orders were to take him back alive for questioning if possible, but Lumen had an odd little trait of "misinterpreting" similar orders in the past. For some reason, his trigger finger tended to slip quite often around the enemy. Shoot first and ask questions later - that was the method to his madness when it came to the BRL. He wasn't quite sure if Lucetta would be so warm to the idea of offing the man when that time came to be. Well, if he couldn't kill the target, he'd at least make the man remember his name.

Although he relished the opportunity to take down another enemy, he was hasty to get this mission over with. Like before, he detested the mere thought of being in this city. He hated to admit it, but anything reminding him of his early childhood days slightly disquieted him. His old family kicked him the curb without a hint of remorse. He told himself he didn't hold a grudge, but it wasn't like he was going to just let bygones be bygones. Well, most of them were all but gone so it hardly mattered at this point.

For now, Lumen would just have to wait patiently for the women of the hour to arrive. He more than likely had a difficult mission ahead of him, so this period of respite wouldn't do him any harm.
PM
^
Melina di Britannia
 Posted: Feb 26 2017, 11:41 PM
Quote Post
Unaligned
Politician
N/A
Member 18
21 Posts

Melina wasn’t the sort to drop her work on spur of the moment in order to tackle personal affairs. In fact, when she informed her secretary she would be doing as such, they stared at her like she instead suggested she was taking the afternoon off to commit a murder.

On the other hand, she never really had ‘personal business’ to attend to in the first place. Work was the one and only thing her attention rested on for the most part. Thinking on it, she felt that perhaps depressing. Other women her age were out enjoying themselves or even settling down and getting married. She couldn’t see herself doing anything of the sort, not even ten years down the line. There was no other way to describe it; she was a workaholic.

But that wasn’t the issue at hand. The reason for the strange change in her daily routine was a sudden message from her brother Lumen. He wasn’t the sort to call her unless it was important, so without prodding him for too much information, she climbed into her personal limousine and instructed her personal assistant Shibisaki to head toward the cafe Lumen asked to meet.

“Right away, Miss Kamiya,” Shibisaki replied, starting the car up. “How long will your business take today if you do not mind me asking?”

I can’t say for certain. Feel free to take the rest of the afternoon off, Shibisaki. I can call for a taxi back to my apartment. I get the feeling whatever Lumen wants to discuss is going to take up the rest of my day.

“Of course, Miss Kamiya.”

And so they were on their way. Glancing out the window with a frown, Melina wasn’t sure why she wasn’t more enthusiastic about meeting her flesh and blood brother again. After all, the two of them managed to reunite after much time and hardship. She then realized her bad feeling had little to do with him but on what he would end up telling her. Would it have something to do with the Britannian Restoration League? Perhaps it pertained to the woman that nearly captured the two of them. The whole mess felt like it only ended moments ago. She hadn’t gotten much sleep ever since then. Every time she closed her eyes, she could picture that Knightmare Frame nearly ending everything.

“Is everything alright, Miss Kamiya?”

Melina’s head jumped, and she turned to a concerned Shibisaki. She forced a smile, shaking her head.

Forgive me. I’m...just a bit tired.

She eventually arrived at the meeting place, giving her faithful assistant a goodbye before entering. It didn’t take her much time at all to spot Lumen. He tended to stand out in a crowd with that white hair of his.

Hello, Lumen. It’s been too long,” she warmly said, taking a seat in front of him and smiling. “Now then, there was something you needed to inform me of, correct? I’m all ears.
PM
^
Lucetta Velius
 Posted: Feb 27 2017, 12:44 AM
Quote Post
BRL
Cake Loving Narcissist
Private
Member 15
29 Posts

Parked in a shiny, compact red car, Lucetta Velius checked her wrist watch to confirm she had arrived on time. She wasn't sure how to exactly feel about today. It would be the first time meeting up with Lumen since the warehouse mission. Not only that, but it seemed that the group would finally be moving forward with the investigation of the Cabinet. It was something she had been longing for, but she couldn't help but grow slightly nervous over the outcome. Once they started, there was no turning back, after all. Sighing, she pushed open her car door and stepped out onto the bustling Britannian streets.

Look at all of these fools, having no idea of the dangers lurking within their own country. Can't say I like the idea of dirtying my hands for such ignorant people.

If she recalled correctly, she would not only meet with Lumen, but with Melina di Britannia, a member of the royal family. To be honest, she had never been fond of the royal family, for they were a primary cause of her own misfortune. Had it not been for their greed, she could be living a normal life with her family at this time. Instead, she had been morphed into a woman her father would likely be ashamed of. Burying her feelings of malice, she focused on the task at hand.

Lucetta located the cafe shortly and was immediately greeted by a hostess. She scanned the establishment and immediately spied her comrade. It seems that Melina had arrived as well. Sighing, she shuffled over to the table, put on her most convincing phony grin, and prepared to introduce herself.

"Bonjour, I'm Lucetta Velius, your 'inside man' in the Britannian Restoration League. Lumen has already mentioned you briefly, but it's a pleasure to finally meet you. This is a very important matter, so I will let Lumen here explain everything fully to you."

After that mouthful, she sat down and began reviewed the menu resting before her. It seemed like the waitresses here must've been psychic, since one immediately approached the moment Luce grabbed her menu.

"Hi~! What drinks can i start you guys off with this afternoon?" she chimed, her voice echoing throughout the whole establishment.

"Tea is fine with me. Creme and sugar please."

"Ooooookay~ And for you two?" she quizzed, turning to Lumen and Melina.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Feb 27 2017, 02:00 AM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

The first one to arrive was his sister, Melina. He had assumed she'd be prompt, knowing that the reason he contacted her was no laughing matter. Within a mere moment, she was able to picked him out among the crowd and approach him. As she sat down, she gave Lumen a warm greeting before proceeding to ask what the reason he summoned her was.

"It's nice to see you are well, Melina. First and foremost, I'd like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to meet me here. Rest assured, I'll explain everything once my colleague arrives. I do want to remind you that my partner is not aware of our relationship as siblings."

Soon enough, Lucetta shuffled in to the cafe. Lumen was quick to pick up that she wasn't in the best of spirits, judging from the annoyed sign she gave upon noticing the two. He wasn't sure whether she had woken up on the wrong side of the bed that morning or not, but she was definitely less than thrilled to see the two of them. As she approached, her cross demeanor quickly shifted into that of a welcoming smile. To be honest though, her introduction was a bit curt given whom she was talking to; she hadn't even addressed the fact that she was talking to royalty. Not even mere moments later, she took her eyes off of Melina and began leafing through the menu. Surely Melina was used to being given a bit more respect. It couldn't be helped though, Lumen knew what had happened with her father. Staring at a member of the very family responsible for his death wasn't an easy task by any means, but it was something that had to be done.

"It's a relief to see that you've arrived safely, Miss Velius."

Not longer later a waitress approached and put on her best cutesy voice whilst asking what the trio would like to drink. He hoped Lucetta didn't plan on savoring her time here. Melina's presence alone was enough to attract a lot of unneeded attention so remaining here for a long period of time was one thing that wasn't on that menu.

"I believe I'll have a coffee. I'd prefer that it be black."

As the waitress finished taking their orders, she scurried away in the direction of the kitchen. Lumen turned to face Melina. What he was about to tell her wasn't going to be easy for her ears to hear, so he'd have to be careful with how he told her. He certainly didn't want Melina drawing too much attention with a look of shock.

"I suppose no further introductions are needed given the both of you are now acquainted. I do wish I could say that I invited you here to catch up, but sadly that is not the case. As you've likely suspected, I have rather harrowing news for you. The reason I summoned you here, Melina, is because we of the Britannian Intelligence division believe that a member of the House of Lords possesses strong ties to the BRL.

Lumen remained in silence for a small bit, giving it some time for the information he passed along to sink in. Once he felt it was appropriate to continue, he began to speak,"I'm sure you remain skeptical, but I cannot give you any more information than that. I do implore you to think over how it was so easy for a BRL member to smuggle a Knightmare frame of all things into a high-security place like the capital. Somebody of great power must of be aiding them. Furthermore, I'd like to remind you that Wendy herself so foolishly revealed that she had additional allies in the city.

Lumen glanced over at Lucetta who was sitting there all the while in silence. Did she have nothing to input or was she just not interested in making this a conversation with more than two people? The only thing worth while she managed to do thus far was reveal that she had infiltrated the BRL, something that he wasn't even sure he wanted to divulge to Melina. Well, now that the cat was out of the bag he would have to roll with it. Since Lucetta so kindly volunteered him, he'd have to do the talking for both of them.

"Ah yes, before I forget. My esteemed colleague Miss Velius is a Britannian Intelligence agent much like myself. I can personally avow to her words being the truth: she has indeed infiltrated the ranks of the Britannian Restoration League as a spy. I assure you a great number of our suspicions of the cabinet's connection to the BRL are in part to data she has so graciously provided.

Soon enough the waitress approached with their drinks on the tray. As she proceeded to lay down the drinks, Lumen thanked her before taking a sip of his coffee. This entire time he did not take his eye off of Melina. He was greatly curious to how she would react.

"I'm sure this is a lot for you to take in. My most sincere apologies once more. Do you have any questions for the two of us?"
PM
^
Melina di Britannia
 Posted: Feb 27 2017, 11:37 PM
Quote Post
Unaligned
Politician
N/A
Member 18
21 Posts

-Melina immediately senses an air of displeasure around Lucetta
-A waitress asks Melina and Lumen if they would like something to drink

Melina nearly forgot her brother mentioned something about him having a partner when they spoke on the phone. The individual in question entered the cafe soon after Lumen’s warning of the pink-haired woman knowing nothing of them being related. Though raising an eyebrow, Melina nodded and felt he must have had a good reason for being so secretive.

Hello there. I am Melina Kamiya. It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Velius,” Melina said in response to Lucetta’s introduction. It was strange. Though the woman gave her a warm smile, Melina couldn’t help but feel an aura of displeasure around her. She shook her head, believing it to be nothing more than her imagination. “I didn’t realize Lumen had any...partners. I find myself curious about your relationship.

A waitress came over to the table and inquired about drinks. Melina fumbled through her purse for some money, glad she had the foresight to bring some along. She didn’t even consider her time with Lumen there at the cafe would be anything more than fleeting in light of their busy lives.

I’ll take a coffee as well,” she remarked, somewhat wearily in fact. “A few creams and sugar would be nice. I need something to perk me up.

The waitress went off to retrieve their orders but not before prodding Melina’s face for an uncomfortable amount of time. Melina responded by using a menu to cover herself. For Lumen’s sake, she had no urge to attract any unnecessary attention. Her lips curled. Being a princess was more trouble that it was worth.

As Melina suspected, Lumen didn’t wish to have a cordial chat with her today. Instead, he hit her with a bombshell that left her eyes widening like saucers.

T-The Britannian Restoration League?! But how could they…?!” She caught herself just in time. Alarmed at Lumen’s claims of the BRL infiltrating the House of Lords, Melina’s voice was almost a yell. She found it fortunate as such that almost no one around her paid her abrupt outburst any mind. She calmed and cleared her throat, adding, “Forgive me. I...am indeed unsure how to take your claim, especially without any proof. Even so, you bring up a fair point. It is clear the BRL has a presence here in Pendragon. With that in mind, there is no telling how deeply they’re rooted. If what you’re saying really is the truth…

She shuddered. To think things could be this bad. She pictured the faces of the people she worked with everyday in the Britannian Cabinet and the House of Lords. Any one of them could have been a traitor. It also gave her an explanation as to why Britannian aid for the Black Knights in terms of subjugating the BRL was stalling.

No, that...can’t be possible. Even the BRL couldn’t have so much sway unless…

Lumen broke her out of her deep contemplation by informing her that Lucetta could vouch for his claims. She nodded though found his words unnecessary. Out of three of them, she wondered if she believed Lumen the most now.

A spy, you say? Quite impressive. You have my sincerest gratitude for undertaking such a dangerous mission, Miss Velius. Speaking of data, I would like to know more about the leader of the Britannian Restoration League. Miss Velius, surely you must have encountered him once or twice. It may seem inconsequential to you both, but I wonder how an individual like that thinks.

Melina’s brown sharpened some as she thought she would much rather speak with the aforementioned person face to face.

Besides that, how far has the BRL gotten into our government? Is it a single agent? Multiple ones? How many should I be watching out for from now on?
PM
^
Lucetta Velius
 Posted: Feb 28 2017, 12:42 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Cake Loving Narcissist
Private
Member 15
29 Posts

Lucetta simply nodded as Melina introduced herself back. She didn't want to interject unless addressed. What she did do, however, was keep a close eye on the waitress that had been so eager to approach their table. She had probably been overthinking due to their last mission, but she wouldn't be too surprised if the girl herself were trying to eavesdrop on the conversation.

As the conversation progressed, Lucetta would occasionally nod as Lumen gave his colleague the run down. It seemed that this Melina character hadn't even the slightest suspicion that there could be corruption within the system. To be fair, Lucetta could see things from Melina's point of view. These were people who she developed a working relationship with. However, Lucetta hoped she would see things their way. Enough was enough and she wanted to know just who was providing the BRL with their funding.

"If you had seen the things I did being on that base, you'd be having the same questions I am right now. How is it that that man can afford to feed and clothe an entire army? Not only that, but their weaponry, and how organized they are. These people have a huge cafeteria filled with food fit to serve the royal family. Lobster, caviar, chocolate cake... in a war? Je ne comprends pas. I really don't.", expressed Lucetta with a hint of frustration at her voice.

She didn't exactly mean to go off on a tangent, but she still couldn't help but express her frustrations with Melina. None of this was her fault in particular, but it was time for something to be done about this.

"Ah, Sin? I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to provide much useful information about him. The man lives and looks like a ghost. However, he does seem to appear when there is conflict about. Once, I saw him blow his top when there was a food fight in the cafeteria. Other than that, I never really see much else as far as emotions go. He's a smooth talker, that one. Sitting over there, gassing up that group of washed up old men. You'd never know what that man is thinking with that poker face of his."

She was well aware that she was likely giving out more information than Lumen had wanted her to divulge. She simply felt she should answer any question with honesty if the group were to work together in the future. The waitress returned before Lucetta could go on about her 'superior'.

"Okay~! Tea for you, and coffee for you two!", she sang, her voice consisting of that same annoyingly loud chime as earlier.

She set each cup in its rightful place and placed down 3 menus consisting of cakes and lunch entrees before them. With that, she bowed and rushed away to the next table.

"Merci beaucoup, mademoiselle." thanked Lucetta before the waitress hopped away.

Mixing her sugar and cream into her beverage, Lucetta mulled over Lumen's words once more. He brought up the name "Wendy". She couldn't quite place the name with anyone she knew, yet it still rung a bell to her.

I wonder who is this Wendy he's speaking of? I don't recall him ever bringing her up to me.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Feb 28 2017, 09:11 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

In response to the question of their relationship, Lumen felt inclined to be the one to respond, "Our relationship is strictly professional. That said, I do find her to be a reliable comrade. The skill set she boasts easily enables her to be somebody I'd have no problems trusting to watch over me in the field." Although he was mostly talking her up to get on her good side, what Lumen said was the truth...at least from a certain point of view. From what he had gathered of her thus far, Lucetta was a very result-oriented person, much like most Inquisitor members. As long as his well-being was crucial to a mission's success, he could depend on her to watch his back.

Melina had reacted as expected to the revelation he presented her with. Fortunately, she managed to suppress her apparent sense of shock before attracting too much unwanted attention. He wasn't surprised when she began to bombard the duo with questions; if he were in her shoes, he was sure he'd want some sort of evidence to back these claims up too. As he began to open his mouth to speak up, his silent companion finally began to provide some answers.

Lumen remained in silence whilst Lucetta went off on another tangent. He wasn't sure if Melina noticed it, but he was quick to pick up that Lucetta was on a bit of a short fuse today, judging from the hint of vexation in her voice. Unfortunately, she tended to become a bit loose lipped when riled up. Information on the BRL was on a need-to-know basis and Melina certainly didn't need to know. Whether it was because of some fledgling sibling bond or not, Lumen didn't want Melina getting more involved with the BRL than she needed to.

"Forgive me for interjecting, but I do believe that is far more than enough information that needs to be disclosed at this time."

Lumen stopped sipping his coffee to clasp his hands together and release a small sigh. Melina did seem a bit too flustered for her own good. He merely wanted a small amount of assistance from her. It was one of his furthest intentions from her becoming too involved in the case.

"Although I wish I could alleviate your worries and answer most of your questions, I must remain clear that I cannot. At the very least, I can inform you that I believe the House of Lords itself has been infiltrated by at least one supporter of the BRL. Although we have our own leads on possible suspects, the fact that remains that nobody is off of the radar of suspicion, Lumen paused to rest his chin on his clasped hands as he continued on, "You are likely the only one that has nothing to worry about. I know with a certainty you are innocent, and I'm sure our intelligence does as well. The little fiasco we had not long ago is proof of that. On to the matter at hand. Is there anybody among the house of lords that you slightly suspect of anything suspicious? Even if it's just a bad feeling, I'm more than eager to hear."

Lumen was hoping that Melina would just provide the answers he requested, but he had a nagging feeling that she was going to try to become more involved with the case than she needed to be. Hopefully it was just his nerves getting at him.
PM
^
Melina di Britannia
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 12:47 PM
Quote Post
Unaligned
Politician
N/A
Member 18
21 Posts

Melina listened very carefully as Lucetta and then Lumen took turns filling her in on what they knew. Britannian owed them much for their efforts and may not have ever been able to pay them back, but still…she did not enjoy being so out of the loop as she soon discovered, nor did she enjoy the two speaking to her as if they were in the presence of a misbehaving child. How could they blame her for becoming so worked up? While she understood their frustrations with her and the Britannian government as a whole, venting them on a single person would do nothing to change the circumstances. Still, she kept her thoughts to herself, grabbing at her thigh tightly instead.

She was disappointed to hear Lucetta couldn't tell her much concerning the Britannian Restoration League other than its leader was named Sin (how cute, she thought). Melina was well aware of the group's unknown funding and the source likely stemming from the homeland; government money had been disappearing for years without any trace of why, so hearing the enemy lived in lavish wasn't all that surprising. It did fill in a few pieces of the puzzle for her though.

The waitress returned with their drinks, and Melina wordlessly thanked her, diving right into her piping hot coffee. Tasting sugar and cream threw her for a loop; she usually drank it black, not having time to dress her drink up in the midst of her usual round of paperwork. She didn't mind this time, needing the coffee badly, especially with Lumen being as vague and as reluctant as Lucetta when it came to dispensing information.

I appreciate your bode of confidence in me, Lumen. I hope it will continue as you listen to what I have to say. To answer your question concerning anyone I suspect in the government of colluding with the Britannian Restoration League, I can assure that you won't have to rely on something as ridiculous as a 'bad feeling.' I could present you with a list of names with ease, some colleagues and others I know by reputation only. There are many that have rubbed me the wrong way ever since this war with the BRL began, things that can't be explained by political rivalries or mere incompetence.

She took another sip of her coffee, surveying the cafe for anyone, or more specifically, anyone, suspicious. There were some idly chatting at tables, some quietly working on their laptops, whereas their waitress busied serving another group. No one there could be trusted, and any one of them could be an operative for the BRL, waiting to hear or see anything they could scurry back to their master with. The mere thought sickened her to her stomach.

But rather than giving you a list, allow me to repay your service with a bit of my own,” she continued, gazing at the two across from her sharply, her tone having a similar bite to it. “I can get close to these people, find out what they know without it appearing too suspicious. As I've stated, some of these individuals are my colleagues, so unlike you two, I will have an excuse to be around them on a daily basis. As a former princess of Britannia, it is my responsibility, as well as yours of course, that anyone threatening the homeland be dealt with quickly and efficiently. Though I am certainly not a soldier, I have a penchant for getting what I need out of people. I will not be a detriment to your mission.

Not that she intended on sitting idly by even if Lumen and Lucetta rejected her offer. She knew enough now to spring into action as soon as possible. Crossing her legs, she returned to her coffee and waited on their reply, smiling slightly behind her cup.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Pendragon | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

DIRECTORIES
RPG-DDistant FantasiesRPG Initiative

AFFILIATES
STATIC
Struggle of SoulsKH: Pieces in ReposeGundam RPGShiva MSTsLunar Eclipse, a post-stars sailor moon rpNTRPFE:ADR BannerThe 100 Role PlayThe Zaraki Rebellion photo htf-affilliate-1.pngNo Noise, No Noise

SCROLLING
SKINNED BY CATHULHU OF RPG-D