Welcome
Links
Staff
Hello, and welcome to Requiem of Geass, a Code Geass RP that takes place ten years after Code Geass R2! Make sure to check out our Plot and Rules if you're interested in registering!
Note: If you plan on creating an OC or a Canon, please create an Out of Character account first that will act as a parent for your sub accounts!

Original Opening Date: September 24, 2009

Stats
Credits
STATISTICS M F Tl
Black Knights 2 4 6
Britannian Military 3 1 4
BRL 1 3 4
Unaligned 2 3 5
Students 4 7 11
Canons 0 1 1
Plot, Templates, Graphics, and Original Content in Banner (c) DiamondDust.
Statistics box (c) Revo of RPG-D.
Viridian Glass skin made by Cathulu of RPG-D.
Mini profile courtesy of Kitten of RPG-D.
The original concept of 'Code Geass', 'Code Geass R.2.' by Gorō Taniguchi, Ichirō Ōkouchi, Sunrise, CLAMP, and Bandai Entertainment.
MOUSE OVER BANNER FOR INFO

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Road to Recovery
Eleanor Blackburn
 Posted: Aug 13 2015, 12:59 AM
Quote Post
BRL
N/A
N/A
N/A
Member 20
25 Posts

It had been four days since Eleanor had been hit head on by a car, being sent flying into the air before landing in a heap, but Nora wouldn’t even have known that. Since the very second she had connected with the bumper, Nora had been out cold. If it wasn’t for her pulse and soft breathing, most would have easily judged her as dead. Now, however, she was finally starting to awaken since the accident.

As Nora slowly came to, the first thing she noticed was the sound of a soft steady beeping, her vision still extremely blurry as her hazy mind attempted to rationalize what was happening. Her vision had finally come back to her after a few minutes, but it took just a little longer before her mind began to function enough to put a few things together.

Above here were some plain, light blue panels with some annoying fluorescent lights letting out a soft hum that blended in with the beeping to her left. With a soft groan, the pain in her lower body became prevalent right away, squeezing her eyes set as she tried to turn her head to see the source of the sound.

As her head fell to the side she was instantly meet with the sight of a heart monitor along with an IV pricked into her arm hanging just next to the machine. If it wasn’t dawning on her yet, the fact that there was a clear glass door showing several nurses and doctors walking by made it much more apparent. She was in a hospital, but as to where or why, her mind was still far too foggy as she let out another groan, rolling her head back to its original position.

Slowly, Nora built up enough steam to push herself, slowly using her hands to crawl up. It had been enough of a pain that she couldn’t even keep her eyes open as she gritted through the pain. Once she had finally gotten all the way up and felt like she could brace herself, her eyes finally peaked up.

The peak open had been just enough for her to almost immediately stare at something else in her room. The right side of the room, for Nora, would normally comprise of two empty chairs, but instead there sat Jet, using both seats as she slept in her hospital room. Her hair was now a pitch black, dressed up in a thin grey sweatshirt and a pair of jeans that left little to imagine. Nora’s face lit up bright red as she attempted to lay herself back down, in an obvious amount of pain as she tried to pull the thin blanket over her head.

Everything had come flooding back into her head about what had happened to her that night, how Jet and her had been in a yelling contest, and how she stormed up and wondered directly into the street before being hit by a car. ’Oh god no, why is she here?!’ The heart monitor sounded out just how panicked Nora had been, the pace quickly picking. She was stuck there, unable to move from this unbelievably awkward situation.
PM
^
Amaya "Jet" Kurosawa
 Posted: Aug 13 2015, 02:40 AM
Quote Post
Unaligned
Mercenary
N/A
Member 26
34 Posts

As soon as Nora's heart rate spiked up there was a nurse walking into the room, wheeling in a small cart with various medical supplies; a fresh saline bag, a couple of syringes, and several other things. "Well good morning. Welcome back to the world of the living." She said with a warm smile, being the first one to actually see the girl awake, even if she was currently hiding under blankets.

She glanced over at the connected chairs next to the window, expecting to see a pair of yellow eyes glaring at her but instead saw the woman's sleeping form. She had to stop herself from breathing a sigh of relief at that, but was silently thankful that she could work without Amaya glaring at her. Still, for whatever reason she was the nurse to get the least overtly hostile gazes from the girl, something that she wasn't even sure about herself since the girl hadn't ever spoken a single word.

She turned her full attention back to the patient and waited for her to expose herself from the blanket she had covering herself, still with the small comforting smile on her face. "I just have to run through a quick checkup first and then I'll be letting the doctor know you're awake. I'll be bringing by food too, since I'm sure you're probably hungry." The nurse wasted no more time in getting to work, hanging a new saline bag on the roller next to the bed and popping the old saline tube from the IV in Eleanor's arm. She grabbed a syringe with cold solution and flushed the IV clean before hooking up the new bag and disposing of the old one.

"You know, you're lucky to have someone like that woman in your life." She said with a soft smile, beginning to talk as she went through her tasks from pure muscle memory. "I've never seen someone so fiercely loyal to someone before. The first night you were moved to this room after the operation she actually refused to leave after visiting hours ended and it took calling security before she finally agreed. When we opened the next morning we found her sitting outside. The night shift said that she had been sitting outside all night, and as soon as our doors opened she was right back here. We think she might have gone home the past two nights though. At least that would explain how she came back with that hair dye removed." The nurse had easily determined that the black was Amaya's natural hair color, since she had seen the grown out roots of the woman's hair when she first saw her.

"But every waking minute of the allowed visiting hours she's been sitting in this room in that exact chair. I've never seen anyone that concerned, and especially not so wholly dedicated to someone before, and I've been working at this hospital for a while now." Of course it wasn't her place to make any sort of assumptions as to what sort of connection there was between the two, so she simply left it at that.

With the IV bag changed out the nurse moved to take the girl's temperature, heart rate, and blood pressure as she continued to speak. "So you've got a good person at your side. Even if she is a bit, well... Terrifying." The nurse added as an afterthought. She was one of only a handful of nurses that would willingly check on Eleanor over the past few days because she was among the small handful that could withstand the intense warning glares and imposing aura that the tattooed girl filled the room with. Even though the girl had never said a single word the past four days as far as she knew, the girl was still scary enough to send the newer and less experienced nurses out of the room shaking from the looks she gave them.

With all her tasks wrapped up she took a step back from the bed and blinked and seemed to become reacquainted with her surroundings. "Oh, I'm so sorry, I just rambled on a bit. It's been a really long week. Well, I'll go get everything taken care of and I'll bring some food as soon as I can." The nurse shot a glance over at the shuffled together chairs as she noticed the slumbering mass of clothing and tattoos starting to shift slightly. "I'll leave you two alone then." She said, politely excusing herself and walking out of the room, closing the door behind her.

As soon as the door closed Amaya shifted even more, rolling over with her curled up body facing Nora as she slowly regain consciousness. Her legs slowly uncurled and began to expose her now awake form slightly. The way she slept had pulled her light grey zip up hoodie askew, when it already hadn't been zipped up all the way to begin with. Most of her tattooed collarbone was left exposed and Amaya was too tired to realize it or even care. Her jeans rode low on her hips and the bottom of her hoodie and undershirt had rode up her stomach as she slept, leaving a good amount of her hips and abs visible from Nora's position on the bed. She propped herself up on one elbow and ran her other hand through her hair, pulling it out of her face and dragging her nails through it like a makeshift comb to fix her immediate bedhead.

She nudged the chairs apart with her feet so she could sit up and rest them flat on the ground. Amaya pushed herself up by her elbow and sighed, blinking the annoying sunlight beaming through the window from her eyes. In truth she hadn't heard the beeping of the heart monitor, something that had become background white noise to her over the past four days in the hospital room, nor had she heard what the nurse had been saying. So it wasn't until she actually looked over at Nora with her eyes open on the bed that she realized the girl was finally awake and she simply sat there stunned in surprise.

Amaya looked at Nora and looked like she was about to say something but hesitated, whatever she had spent the last four days thinking about refused to come out. She felt relief that the Britannian girl was finally awake, but with the way that they had left things she wasn't sure what was going to happen next. All Amaya knew was that she didn't want to rush the girl down or overwhelm her so soon after waking up from what could very well have been a life threatening injury. So she simply sat in silence, waiting for Nora to take the time she needed for now.
PM
^
Eleanor Blackburn
 Posted: Aug 15 2015, 02:08 AM
Quote Post
BRL
N/A
N/A
N/A
Member 20
25 Posts

Upon hearing the door open up and a soft rattling of a cart, Nora peaked her head just out of the blanket to see the nurse greeting her with a wide smile. She didn't dare answer back, almost afraid she'd wake up Jet if she did. Her eyes followed her gaze, looking over at Jet again before moving right back to the woman. She seemed to act like it was almost a normal thing.Timidly. she built up the courage to slip out from the bed sheet, knowing she'd have to let the nurse perform her tests.

She simply sat there, far to nervous to say anything as heard by how fast the heart monitor sounded. She simply wanted the nurse to finish up and move on, but was sent reeling when she heard the nurse comment on Jet. Her face light up bright red again thinking about it. While she was embarrassed thinking about it, she was also a little confused by everything now. She had just been in a fight with her, where she was practically forced to leave, but now... she was sitting there in her room.

As the nurse continued on, her eyes lowered down further with each passing statement. 'S-she really did all of that? Everything simply made her feel terrible, her heart actually starting to hurt as it beat. Did she really care that much about her? Her body simply followed along as the nurse performed her tests, not putting up any resistance as her mind kept thinking about everything that had happened.

The nurse's apology seemed to snap Nora out of her daze. "O-oh, i-its alright..." Her voice seemed just above a whisper, still weighed down. As the nurse turned to leave, she looked up to see that Je-, well, who ever she was started to wake up.

They two seemed to sit there in silence for a bit, she still found it hard to try to look at her eye to eye, always looking away almost immediately when ever she did. It was almost to much to bear as she tried to think of something, the awkwardness in the air making things harder and harder.

"W-why... why are you here?" After everything, there was still some doubt in her mind. She couldn't believe that Jet would really still be here after what happened between them. She almost felt like she didn't deserve the attention for what had happened.
PM
^
Amaya "Jet" Kurosawa
 Posted: Aug 17 2015, 02:44 AM
Quote Post
Unaligned
Mercenary
N/A
Member 26
34 Posts

Amaya raised an eyebrow at what she considered to be an odd question. "It's my job." She pointed out, as if Nora had perhaps forgotten about that fact. "For now at least... But there will be time to talk about that later." She said, simply dismissing it, not wanting to bring up the meeting her company was requesting. She would allow the girl some time to recover first, she would likely still be in the hospital for several days before she was able to check out anyways.

The mercenary had been able to calm down considerably over the past few days, removing the hair dye and being able to drop her accent had done wonders for her mindset. She was slowly starting to feel comfortable in her own skin again, as if she was actually herself for the first time in a long time. That allowed her to be considerably more rational than she had been when she had told Nora that she would be leaving. And with that she was also able to seal away her emotions and the things that she felt towards the girl.

Managing the insane degree of stress of holding together a life that was entirely false and her feelings for Nora is what resulted in both attempts starting to fall apart at the seams. Now with her life once again her own she could focus her entire attention towards controlling her unwarranted emotions towards the girl.

That wasn't to say she had gotten rid of them, the girl had very much been at the forefront of Amaya's mind every moment over the past few days. And the more time she spent around the girl she started to understand her emotions a bit better. But she knew without a doubt that she would be able to stop any potential outbursts like the club or what very well could have happened in her room before they even threatened to happen.

"I fucked up pretty terribly..." She said, wanting to break the silence that was hanging in the air. "It's my fault you got hurt like this, I couldn't just abandon you knowing that." Amaya knew that might sound strange to Nora considering that she had been so prepared to abandon the girl before the accident, and that being the cause of this entire mess. She had never been good in terms of apologizing for things, having gone through life with very few regrets, so her words were failing her.

Even more than that, she wasn't sure what she was supposed to even say to the Britannian. She had never come close to understanding the girl beyond her vanity and the vast majority of negative traits that irritated her while she had still been pretending to be Britannian. Now that she was being open about who she was, she had no clue as to the kind of girl she was actually dealing with at that moment.

"I understand that you probably hate me, probably don't even want to look at me, and that's fair. Even beyond your racism, deceiving and lying to you like I did was awful. You would be right to hate me right now." Her tone was incredibly calm and even, a far cry from the stress cracked and borderline sobbing voice that she had during her breakdown. "But I have to insist that you bear with me at least until you check out of the hospital. Then you'll have your chance to be rid of me once and for all."
PM
^
Eleanor Blackburn
 Posted: Aug 17 2015, 11:42 PM
Quote Post
BRL
N/A
N/A
N/A
Member 20
25 Posts

Nora's heart almost skipped a beat when it sounded like Jet was staying with her, but felt the feeling die down just as fast as she mentioned "For now". It was even visible as her eyes lite up a little before they sunk down again.

As Jet went on, the same twinge in her chest from last time started to build up against, like a spring slowly being pressed harder and harder together with no where to go. She wanted to be mad at her, for how much she had been lying to her since they met, she hated her for lying to her about what she was, but at the same time, she couldn't help herself.

She had saved her life twice now, and even know she was sitting there apologizing to her for everything that she had done to her. There were so many terrible things that the BRL had done to her, but it was the same people she stood with and believed in...

It was the same confusion she had gone through before the accident. She doesn't wanted it to be all over with. She didn't want to sit there and dwell on how fucked up everything is, even if it meant only avoiding it for a little while longer. Her hands had tightened up on her sheet, her knuckles were white as snow.

Letting go of her sheets, she tried to calm her quickened heart beat. At this rate she would have a heart attack soon after. T-then why don't we start over..." This whole time, she had only known her as Jet, but that wasn't even the real her. "What's your real name?"
PM
^
Amaya "Jet" Kurosawa
 Posted: Aug 18 2015, 06:53 AM
Quote Post
Unaligned
Mercenary
N/A
Member 26
34 Posts

Amaya could have sworn for a moment that she was a bit of excitement in the girl's eyes die when she implied she wouldn't be around for much longer. She figured it had to be her imagination, she knew that the girl did some strange things to her mind, but thinking that the girl might have been happy to have her stay around was a bit much.

But still, Amaya couldn't get rid of the nagging thought. And when she thought about it, through the distressed haze of what happened that night, Nora had been on the verge of saying something to her. She couldn't remember what it was, but something about it combined with the strange feelings she was getting from the girl was making the entire situation hard to figure out.

She had to put that all to the side though as Nora reacted in a way that the mercenary had certainly not anticipated by asking for her name, her real one this time. It occurred to her that particular piece of information hadn't come up during her breakdown. "Amaya." She told the girl before standing up and stretching the stiffness from having been curled up in a ball for several hours. The mercenary moved to the wall next to the window and leaned against it, allowing her a view of both outside the window and of Nora, crossing her arms under her chest and letting her eyes adjust to the bright sunlight outside.

Now that she had gotten moving and her blood started to flow, she turned her attention to the quick pace of the heart rate monitor. After the shock of finding out Nora was actually awake she was now able to perceive that it was a hell of a lot quicker than the steady pulse it had been at before. She could easily tell that it wasn't any sort of fear of her, and there didn't seem to be any degree of anger, or at least not yet. Part of her joked with the idea of it being the small amount of emotion the girl might have felt towards the mercenary.

She had always realized that Nora had some sort of feelings for her, she hadn't been completely blind to that fact. Of course, it hadn't really been her that Nora liked, it had all been Jet. Now that the truth was out, Amaya suspected that the girl's mind still somehow related the two and couldn't shake what feelings had been there just yet. She supposed it would only be a matter of time till Nora hated her for what she was, she expected nothing less than that.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, turning her gaze to focus on Nora directly. "Besides the whole 'hating me for being scum of the earth' part, of course." She added with a small joking smirk. A bit of her usual self was shining through, if anything Nora already knew more about her than she otherwise would. Amaya was still the same person to get under Nora's skin as much as possible, to constantly tease and irritate her as much as possible. She tended to never take things too seriously after everything she had been through in life, and taking things too seriously for too long had been what had drove Amaya to her breakdown.

In truth, the largest different between Jet and Amaya had simply been nationality, and her acceptance of Nora as a member of the Restoration League. Any more of a difference between them and it would have been even harder for the mercenary to keep her cover intact.
PM
^
Eleanor Blackburn
 Posted: Aug 18 2015, 10:06 PM
Quote Post
BRL
N/A
N/A
N/A
Member 20
25 Posts

'Amaya....' She repeated the new name in her head a few times overs, trying to replace the name she had grown so familiar with. It was weird at first, as she whispered the name softly, trying to say such a foreign name to her. At first, it had rolled of her tongue strangely, but seemed to gain some ground on the correct pronunciation after a little bit. "Amaya?" She had looked up at Amaya timidly as she attempted to say it correct, over doing it slightly as she tried pronouncing it out loud.

Feeling almost awkward for failing at it, she just kind shut herself up, blushing as she looked away. She didn't make eye contact with her again until she popped up the question to her, her face being turned bright red by the second half of the comment, embarrassed as can be again. She had been up for maybe 10 minutes at the most, and hadn't even fully figured out how badly injured she was. She glanced down at her needle pricked arm, IV still pumping away as she grimaced a little when she attempted to move it. "Everything just... hurts..."

It was true for the most part, her head still gave a small throb from time to time, and she hardly felt like she could raise her arms up that high. Each breath just felt like she was stretching out a sore rib-cage, but that had just been her upper body. She hadn't even realized it at first, but she didn't even notice what her legs felt like. Her face turned white as she suddenly realized that she hadn't felt them at all, the heart monitor picking up again.

"A-Amaya... W-why can't i feel my legs?" She had tried to shift them around, and still was as she started to panic now. The idea of never walking again shot straight through her mind right away. How would she live day to day life if she was stuck in some wheelchair for the rest of her life!? "G-get the nurse, p-please!" Her voice was full of fear now, almost trembling as her panic worsened.
PM
^
Amaya "Jet" Kurosawa
 Posted: Aug 19 2015, 05:34 AM
Quote Post
Unaligned
Mercenary
N/A
Member 26
34 Posts

Amaya couldn't help but grin at Nora's stumbling over attempting to pronounce her name. The only word she really had to describe it was cute, and when Nora finally spoke up with a real attempt with that timid look on her face she was too stunned to even respond. 'This damn girl...' She thought, turning her gaze back out the window so Nora wouldn't be able to see her blushing. "You'll get used to it soon enough." She said, the corner of her mouth that was visible to the girl was still pulled up in a small smile.

Still, the mercenary was left wondering if that was even true. The girl was still in a state of shock and hadn't even been up for long enough to really process the entire situation that she was in. She still fully expected the girl to come to her senses and act the way Amaya was expecting she would at any point. While it hurt her heart to have so low of expectations of the girl she held feelings towards, she had never exactly seen anything throughout her time with the girl to give her a great deal of hope in that regard.

She was pulled from her thoughts by Nora stating the obvious about her pain, although to be fair it had certainly been a rather dumb question on her part. "Yeah. I've heard that happens when you get hit by a car." Amaya joked, able to let out a small exhale of air serving as a laugh. Of course, the amusement she felt was quickly replaced by the feeling of a twisting knife in her side when Nora finally realized that she couldn't feel her legs.

"Nora..." She said, not even sure where she was supposed to start. The doctor had already spoken with her about the situation after Amaya provided proof that she was in fact a legal guardian to the girl. Amaya was not shocked or taken by surprise by the girl's revelation. But still, it hurt her all the same. "Y...yeah. I'll go get a nurse for you." Her voice held a bit of sadness in it.

She crossed the room towards the door quickly, only to have it open when she was mere feet from it. The doctor, a thin balding Indian man that Amaya had guessed was in his late forties stepped into the room with a large folder and observed the situation, from the look of urgency on Amaya's face to the terror of Nora. He gave an understanding look to Amaya, the nurses having been the only subjects of the mercenary's withering gazes and hostile aura. The doctor had been the only person in the hospital that she had even spoken to, and that she had respect for.

"I'll be just outside, okay?" Amaya let Nora know, looking at the girl laying in bed helplessly, wanting to at least provide some measure of reassurance for her. The last thing she wanted to do was make the girl nervous, but she needed to allow the girl some time alone so that she would be able to process what the doctor told her. "Just gonna get out of doc's way and give you a bit of privacy." She stepped outside and closed the door behind her.

Amaya stepped to the side and slid her back down the wall till she was sitting, resting her elbows on her knees and placing her head in her hands. She let out a small sigh, before falling completely silent, waiting for the doctor to eventually reemerge.
PM
^
Eleanor Blackburn
 Posted: Aug 23 2015, 01:23 AM
Quote Post
BRL
N/A
N/A
N/A
Member 20
25 Posts

Eleanor's heart was pounding so furiously that it almost felt like it was in her throat. The heart monitor was echoing this out in the room as her heart beat became uncomfortably high. She tried again and again, trying to get any response from her legs, but nothing, time and time again. She was so taken up in her attempts that she had hardly noticed Amaya walking out and a doctor walking in before he had started making an attempt to claim her down.

She felt his hand grab a hold of her's softly, prompting her to look up at him. Almost immediately, she noticed his skin color, a much darker tone, along with his much thicker accent, causing a subconscious flinch as she realized this man was touching her. "Sh sh sh sh, it's alright girl, calm down." Nora was fighting back any urge to snap at the man for touching it.

It had taken a good few minutes to finally calm her down enough, mixed with the fear of her legs being useless and the awkwardness of the Indian man touching her. "Now, Miss Blackburn, when you were hit by a car, your left leg was pretty badly injured. Your femur had been snapped cleanly in two and had broken out of the skin. Now, there's nothing to worry about that. We quickly performed operation as soon as you came in and fixed that up."

That hardly did anything to quell her fears, a broken femur in one leg wouldn't cut off her nerves to BOTH legs. "However, there is still one problem." Nora felt herself tense up instantly. "One of your vertebrae in your lower back was shifted out of place, pressing down on a nerve."

"I-is it permanent?" Nora didn't have much knowledge in the medical field, only understanding that a bone in her back had moved into a bad spot. "It'll... take some time... It's not something we can fix with surgery, but it can be with some physical therapy."

Nora was left in a bit of shock. She wasn't going to be able to work for some time now, but at least she wasn't broken completely yet. He continued on, making sure she was alright, which was still uncomfortable for her considering his face, before going over the details of who she'd go see for her therapy.

Before long, he parted ways from her, exiting the room and leaving behind a somber Eleanor.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Unfinished Business | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

DIRECTORIES
RPG-DDistant FantasiesRPG Initiative

AFFILIATES
STATIC
Struggle of SoulsKH: Pieces in ReposeGundam RPGShiva MSTsLunar Eclipse, a post-stars sailor moon rpNTRPFE:ADR BannerThe 100 Role PlayThe Zaraki Rebellion photo htf-affilliate-1.pngNo Noise, No Noise

SCROLLING
SKINNED BY CATHULHU OF RPG-D