Welcome
Links
Staff
Hello, and welcome to Requiem of Geass, a Code Geass RP that takes place ten years after Code Geass R2! Make sure to check out our Plot and Rules if you're interested in registering!
Note: If you plan on creating an OC or a Canon, please create an Out of Character account first that will act as a parent for your sub accounts!

Original Opening Date: September 24, 2009

Stats
Credits
STATISTICS M F Tl
Black Knights 2 4 6
Britannian Military 3 1 4
BRL 1 3 4
Unaligned 2 3 5
Students 4 7 11
Canons 0 1 1
Plot, Templates, Graphics, and Original Content in Banner (c) DiamondDust.
Statistics box (c) Revo of RPG-D.
Viridian Glass skin made by Cathulu of RPG-D.
Mini profile courtesy of Kitten of RPG-D.
The original concept of 'Code Geass', 'Code Geass R.2.' by Gorō Taniguchi, Ichirō Ōkouchi, Sunrise, CLAMP, and Bandai Entertainment.
MOUSE OVER BANNER FOR INFO

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» May I take your order?
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Jan 24 2017, 02:07 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

Death...It was the only thing Lumen longed for after a mere two hours into his mission. As new partners, Lumen and Lucetta were stationed undercover as two fast-food employees at a restaurant chain. Evidently, a black market arms dealer with ties to the Britannian restoration league held meetings here once a week around the same time. Somehow, the Britannians caught wind of this and hopped on their opportunity. They already had the place bugged. Lumen and Luce were to eavesdrop on the meeting and then tail the suspect to his
warehouse. As per INQUISITOR regulations they were then to dispose of the target.

"Sir...for the last time, we do not have WcNuggets. This is Taco Castle."

"And I'm telling you the lady that was here last time made them for me!"

Lumen had dealt with some of the worst the BRL had to offer, but none of them compared to the belligerent bastards he was dealing with every minute. To be honest, if it weren't for his ability to keep calm in most situations, he probably would have snapped, this customer's neck along with him.

"Sir, please pull around to the front."

"Alright, but you better be sending someone out with my damn WcNuggets. Honey sauce too!"

Lumen glanced over to Lucetta who was nearby. He was curious as to how she was holding up. He really didn't get the chance to speak to her since the events that had unfolded in Paris. That was still a bit of a touchy subject for him.

"Honestly Lucetta, I'm beginning to wonder how these people do it."
PM
^
Lucetta Velius
 Posted: Jan 24 2017, 03:03 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Cake Loving Narcissist
Private
Member 15
29 Posts

The sickening smells of burning tortillas and taco meat were finally beginning to choke Lucetta Velius to the point of nausea. It was enough that she was forced to wear such a hideously embarrassing uniform, but she was also being forced to work in this hole in the wall fast food restaurant. The fact that she wasn't suffering in this hell alone was not enough to wipe away the frown that had seemingly permanent frown that had crept upon her features. Her gaze shifted from the screen of orders above, to her fellow inquisitor Lumen. She listened through her headset as he was struggling to handle a mule headed customer. She wondered how they would even be able to catch their target if they were being forced to in the back as opposed to serving dining room patrons. Regardless, she was definitely regretting her decision to join up with Lumen right now.

"Not only that, but I wonder how these people eat this slop on a regular basis." she replied, pointing to the messy pile of taco meat and tortillas she had assembled.

"No, no, no! How many time do i have to tell you, Blanche?! That is not how you make a double decker supreme!" shouted a voice from behind.

Rolling her eyes once more, she turned to see her pimple faced manager. She could tell he held his position with pride. He looked to be no older than her, and only stood at around five feet, giving Luce the height advantage. She sneered down at him, then proceeded to wrap up the messy pile of food as if she hadn't been scolded in the first place. The manager proceeded to slam his hands down on the assembly station with enough force to cause Lucetta to jump a bit. She didn't understand why he was giving his employees such a hard time considering how the customers also treat them.

"That's it! Since you can't even assemble a taco right, just go and take orders on the headset. Lumen, you go to the window and hand out the food. You and your boyfriend are really pushing it today. Screw up again, and i'm sending you both home with a pink slip!" he snarled, before taking over Lucetta's position.

Ripping off her gloves, Lucetta shuffled over to her partner in crime and gave him several pats on the back. Likely unbeknownst to him, she had just covered the entirety of his back with white hand prints. She snickered before washing her hands, and returning once more to where Lumen was standing.

"You heard the fool, hand me your headset and go collect money. If we don't catch the target by the end of our shift, I'm going to lose my mind."

The car that had been stalled at the window all this time was finally beginning to grow impatient. The driver, a disgusting man in an equally disgusting looking rusty pick up truck, had began spitting at the window to get everyone's attention. In between spits, she could hear him shouting something about nuggets.

"Duty calls, Lumen."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Jan 24 2017, 03:50 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

Lumen was past miffed at this point, in fact, he was beyond anger too. He just didn't care anymore - it's not like the day could get any worse. That said, If he had the power to call an artillery strike, this place would certainly be a crater in the ground.

"Hopefully you can do this right, Sensatus. It's the easiest job I have left for you. You'd have to have something wrong with you to mess this one up."

"I see...Sorry, sir. I'll try to do better at this task."

"You better."

Lumen knew he had to keep his composure as the man with the napoleon complex continually berated him. Was this man so insecure with himself and his own shortcomings that he had to reflect it onto his coworkers? It definitely seemed that way. Fortunately, Lumen only had to put up with him for today.

As Lumen passed Luce, she gave him a few pats on the back. He took this as her way of showing they were in this together. At least he wasn't suffering alone. Lumen approached the window and handed the guy the bag that evidently held his "wcnuggets" as he so affectionately called them. He didn't care what was in the bag; he just wanted the man out of his face. The man inspected the contents of the bag before leaning out the window to spit his chewing tobacco on the ground.

The man looked up and flashed Lumen partially-toothless grin before speaking, "Here's a tip fer ya! Get a real job!"

With that being said, the man mashed his throttle to the floor and burned out of the drive-thru in his rusted up beater of a truck. Lumen began to cough as the cloud of exhaust smoke and smell of burning rubber covered the air. Should he have really expected anything less?

The next order was a simple one. He just had to hand out some drinks and the customer would be on their way. As the car pulled up and the window rolled down, a group of kids with shit-eating grins on their faces came into view. Attempts at stifled laughter could be heard from the back seat. Lumen already began to expect the worst as he took their money and deposited it into the register.

"Here's your drinks kids. Have a good day!"

As Lumen handed the drinks out the window, the disrespectful runt in the driver's seat knocked it out of his hands and back through the window. The drinks fell on the floor and splattered, covering Lumen and the floor below in a mixture of soda.

"Sensatus, what are you doing!? Can you not even do something like this without managing to screw up? Get a mop and clean this mess up before I send your sorry ass home!" The man walked past Lumen and approached the kids at the window before smiling apologetically and speaking, "I'm really sorry. We have some new trainees and they're not doing so well."

"It's okay, accidents happen. Hopefully he can learn from his mistake and do better next time."

The teenage boy in the front seat shot Lumen an innocent grin. Lumen did his best to ignore it as he walked away to grab a mop. Lumen never thought he could despise an innocent bystander as much as he did a member of the BRL, but this wonderful job was full of surprises!

"Thanks for being so understanding, we'll get you some more drinks. Blanche! Get these customers some more soda."

Lumen began to mop up the floor as he began to mutter for himself, "It's all for the end game goal."
PM
^
Lucetta Velius
 Posted: Jan 24 2017, 04:40 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Cake Loving Narcissist
Private
Member 15
29 Posts

Lucetta fumbled with the headset in between taking orders. She could only hope she didn't develop an ear infection from coming into contact with it the uncomfortable thing. As expected, most of the people dropping by their drive-thru were complete and utter idiots. Not only that, but her fellow employees were no different. One always scratch his ass before assembling a new order, another constantly burned tortillas while pressing them, and a group of female employees simply sat in a circle chatting at the front counter. It seemed like the only people doing any real work were her and Lumen.

She glanced over at Lumen's window, now covered in a glaze of spit and tobacco. She could see him turning redder and redder, his rage building by the second. She had seen the entire thing, a car of teenagers had knocked the drinks back into the window and caused it to practically explode upon coming into contact with the floor. Not only that, but their pizza faced manager had decided that the whole thing was Lumen's fault. If she were him, she would've already let him have it. Not only that, but now she was forced to remake the drinks that she didn't waste in the first place. Ripping off the headset, she strutted on over to the manager and tossed it into his face.

"Listen here, we're trainees, no? If that's the case, then why don't you just throw us in a different position? Lumen here can take orders at the front counter. I can clean your dining room. Deal?"

The manager narrowed his eyes at her before grumbling and nodding his head in agreement. It was strange, for someone who had so much to shout about, he didn't put up a fight with her over throwing the headset. Perhaps he was taken aback by someone actually standing up to him? Luce approached Lumen and placed a hand on his shoulder. For once, she felt such sympathy for the soda soaked man, mopping a mess he didn't create.

"I'm going to scope out the dining room as best as i can. Just give me a signal if you see someone even slightly suspicious." she whispered.

With that, Lucetta finally felt she could take a breath of fresh air from that smoky kitchen. She headed into the dining room, broom and dustpan in hand. She barely took two steps before stopping dead in her tracks. The floor was littered in napkins, taco meat, tortilla bits, and a bunch of other mush she couldn't identify. She could see from where she was standing, one of the booths were covered in a crusted layer of what appeared to be vomit on both seats. Enraged, she shot daggers at the group of girls at the front counter, who in turn whispered and giggled condescendingly.

"Oh, and make sure you don't forget to clean the bathrooms, okay?" chimed the leader of the pack, with a sadistic grin contrasting her rather cheerful tone.

Lucetta made a mental note then and there that after she eliminated the target, those girls would be next.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Jan 24 2017, 05:43 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

Although Lumen was a bit relieved that Lucetta was there to come to his rescue, he would have rather she didn't. Their manager was already power-tripping and trying to test his authority by getting lippy probably wasn't the best course of action. Keeping their cover was more important than Lumen's personal feelings on the matter. He could handle working in this cavalcade of madness for the sake of the mission.

"You heard her, Sensatus! Go up front and take order."

"Understood."

As the pinkette passed him she patted him on the shoulder once more as a sign of good will. This time though, it felt as if there was more meaning behind her actions - as if she actually felt pity for his situation. While he certainly didn't want to be the object of her commiseration, it was still nice knowing that he had a person that would back him up on a mission, even if it wasn't in the field of battle.

"Roger. I'll give you a signal."

The girls congregated beside him giggled whilst their ringleader mocked Lucetta. If only those halfwits knew what she was actually capable of. This girl was chosen to join Inquisitor for a reason. In addition to already meeting the requirements of the organization, she was one of the top snipers in the entire Britannian military. The girl could the fleas off of a dogs back from a mile away if she wanted to; these girls would be good as dead if she willed it. She probably knew she was good enough to get away with it too.

Lumen felt as though he should at least repay her earlier action of defending him as a testament to their camaraderie. Whilst nobody was looking, he moved the mop bucket behind the group of girls with his foot. He'd certainly knock her down a peg or two.

"Hey, I'm having some trouble with the register, could you help?"

"Oh, what now? For fucks sa-"

As the girl spun around she tripped and fell over the mop bucket mid sentence. She fell to the floor with a thud. It was unfortunate for Luce - she didn't get to see the sight of the pest laying in a pool of filthy mop water. Lumen nodded at Luce as this scene unfolded, hoping she'd be able to connect the dots.

"Oh never mind, I think I got it. You should probably be more aware of your surroundings though."

Before she could even speak, a very bizzare man approached the register. The eccentric stranger, covered in scars and scabs from head to toe, looked around the place nervously whilst scratching his wrists. This man was a tweaker if Lumen had ever known one. He could only brace himself for the interesting situation that was going to unfold.

"I...I want a...h-ho-hotdog."

Lumen was slightly impressed the man was able to utter out coherent speech in as much of a mess he was. Still, the man was out of it to the point that he thought he was in a hotdog joint. In any case, he'd have to set him straight. "I'm really sorry, sir. We don't serve hotdogs."

"Wh-wh-what what do...y-you me-mean you d-dont...se-serve...hotdogs. I...r-really want o-ne. Th-they're my fa-fa-favorite. D-did you ev-ever...notice the h-ha-hotdogs...on-only c-co-come...in pack of t-twelve...b-bu-bu-but...the bu-buns come in p-pa-packs of eight."

Lumen wasn't quite sure what to make of this one. He was clearly a piece of work, that much was certain. It was like every customer walked straight out of a comedy sketch or something. For some reason though, he was slightly irked about this man's last statement. Something about it just had a foreboding aura.

Figuring the man was too out of it to notice, Lumen handed him a cup and told him there was a hotdog inside. The man took the cup and scurried away as if he were a gremlin that had obtained the ultimate treasure. Right as this man exited, an older gentleman in a trench coat entered and sat at one of the corner seats. This man was definitely the target they were after. Dressed the way he was, he certainly wasn't trying to be inconspicuous. Lumen began tapping loudly on the register in hopes that Lucetta would get the signal.
PM
^
Lucetta Velius
 Posted: Jan 27 2017, 01:45 AM
Quote Post
BRL
Cake Loving Narcissist
Private
Member 15
29 Posts

A shrill shriek followed by a crashing sound caused Lucetta to perk up and turn her head toward the source. To her delight, it seemed to have come from one of the girls who had snickered at her just moments prior. She then turned to Lumen, who met her gaze with nod. Perhaps this was repayment for saving him earlier? Either way, it got a chuckle out of Luce, something she dearly needed if she was going to actually clean this filthy restaurant. It was then that she remembered that she wasn't even a real employee. For what reason did she need to put effort into doing anything here? She wasn't even sure if the two of them were being compensated for their time here. Besides, she wouldn't mind seeing "Old Pizza Face" back there cleaning up that puddle of crusty vomit.

It was then that a scent Lucetta had never smelled before wafted to her nostrils. She crinkled her face in sheer disgust and looked frantically around for the source. She even smelled herself to make sure she hadn't stepped in something suspicious. But no, the smell had come from some disgusting looking customer currently at the front counter. It wasn't long before the man had rushed past her again, not only pretty much running her over, but once again causing her to come into contact with that horrifying smell. She struggled to her feet, holding back from covering the floor with her own vomit. Whatever Lumen had given the man, he sure was overly excited about it. As she finally regained her footing, and control of her stomach, the sound of loud tapping filled the dining room. It seems that was indeed the signal she had been waiting for. She took a brief glance around to see an obviously suspicious looking individual in a trenchcoat.

Oh my, je te vois~! Perhaps it would be a bit too suspicious to approach him head on and bother him. Now that I think about it, we probably should've conducted some sort of plan once we spotted him other than killing him.

Not long after the man had taken his seat, another equally suspicious person dressed completely in black from head to toe shuffled into the establishment. With a briefcase resting in his right hand, he pushed up his large pair of black shades with his left. It was no surprise that he had taken a seat at the same table as the trenchcoat fellow. Lucetta took this chance to grab her cleaning supplies and began wiping up a table within earshot.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Jan 28 2017, 01:46 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

Lumen eyed the men carefully, albeit discreetly as not to be noticed by the two. Although Lumen wasn't close enough to be able to discern what they were saying, if he strained to read their lips, he could get a vague idea of their discussion. This was irrelevant, seeing as the place was already bugged and Luce was within earshot of them. Still, Lumen didn't want to be out of the loop when it came time to proceed forward with the mission, so he was giving it his best to glean whatever he could from their conversation.

"So you've brought the funds?"

"Yes. We assume you have the goods ready?"

"Of course, chaos mines, missiles and harken cables as per the usual. Of course we have the Radiant wave units and Hadron cannons like you asked. They're top models procured from some of the best labs in Britannia and Japan. I assure you, they were not easy for my boys to obtain."

"How you've obtained them is of no importance to us. We're just interested in purchasing them. We intend to recoup you generously for your efforts, provided of course you show them to us."

With a little effort, he was able to fit together bits and pieces of what they were talking about to give him a general idea of what the man was providing. Although he didn't pick up everything, he was certain he heard enough to realize this man was as redoubtable as the info logs made him out to be. Radiant wave units and Hadron cannons? The rank and file units of the BRL didn't carry them as far as he was aware. That meant these were likely intended for high performance models. Radiant Wave and Hardon Cannon units were quite expensive tech - more importantly, tech that would be better used by the Britannian military. Trailing this man to his warehouse would be killing two birds with one stone; not only would they greatly inconvenience the BRL by stopping them from negotiating this deal, but they'd also supply the military with a goldmine of free armament and weaponry.

Lumen didn't even notice the portly man waiting at the counter while he tried to make out the conversation unfolding across the room. When he did realize he had a customer, he was half-tempted to continue to ignore him. Unfotunately, the man didn't give him much of an option as he moved over and blocked Lumen's view of the deal at hand.

"Yeah, I’ll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda."

Lumen's raised an eyebrow as he finished taking the man's order. The fact that this man was still living baffled him, considering the fact that he had a black hole in his stomach. This man only served to reinstate his previous thoughts that every customer he had was straight out of the back of a newspaper comic strip.

Lumen rung the man out and politely ushered him to the side to wait for his order as he attempted to fill himself in on what he missed. Unfortunately, it looked like the men were already on their way out of the door. It certainly appeared to be a quick meeting, but they probably didn't want to stay in one place for too long. Were they already on their way to the warehouse? He didn't have the time to sit and ponder about what their next course of action was - he had to tail them.

Lumen hopped over the counter and ran to the table they were previously at, grabbing the recording device covertly hidden behind one of the back table legs. The recording on this device was what granted the two the grounds to eliminate these men and would have to be presented to their superiors after the deed was done. Lumen gave Lucetta a hurried look, nodding for her to follow after him.

Lumen made a beeline for the doors, exiting the building with a urry. Once in the parking lot, he bolted to his motorcycle and hopped on, jamming his keys into the ignition before turning it over. The bike brayed to life with a loud roar just as another man followed him out the door. It was none other than their unsightly looking manager.

"What the heck do you two think you're doing? Get back in here this instant before I change my mind and fire you two!"

"I don't think we're adequately suited for this job. Consider this our five second notice of resignation!"
PM
^
Lucetta Velius
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 05:48 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Cake Loving Narcissist
Private
Member 15
29 Posts

It seemed as if the conversation between the two men had ended long before Lucetta finished wiping up that table. Did they really settle their business that quickly? The moment the two men rose from their seats, her gaze shifted to Lumen, who looked as eager to bolt as they did. Unsurprisingly, she watched as he hopped the counter and bolted to his motorbike outside. She tossed her spray bottle to the floor, causing the solution to spill all over the floor. Not like she was going to have to clean it up anyway. All of the remaining customers ceased eating their slop to get a good view of the commotion as she too sprinted out of the Taco Castle in haste.

It wasn't until she hopped onto the back of Lumen's motorbike that she realized she was still clutching the cleaning rag. The moment she saw their manager strut on outside, she moved her arm without thinking. After shouting about firing them, and Lumen quitting for the both of them, Lucetta hurled her rag right into the man's face. His face grew redder and redder than his acne by the minute.

"Sorry, we'll be taking those double decker supremes to go now."

With that, the bike sped off in pursuit of their targets. She wasn't expecting such momentum when the bike pulled off. The sudden jerk back caused her to hastily wrap her arms around Lumen's torso. Lucetta wasn't exactly accustomed to being so close to another person, and she had hoped Lumen didn't get any ideas. She gazed ahead at the traffic before them and wondered which car was the one she needed to aim at. By the time she had exited the restaurant, the two men had already sped away. There was no way she could let the target get away after hearing that conversation.

"This would've been so much better if you let me sit on one of these rooftops with my rifle. Can't say i'll be as accurate as I usually am with this pea shooter, so you're going to have to try not to drive like a complete maniac. Tell me which car."

The more Lucetta thought about the conversation she heard, the more she wondered just how Sin had come to be in such a position as this. He's rich enough now to not only buy such expensive and top quality weapons, but to feed and clothe an entire resistance force. The more she pondered, the more she felt her suspicions were accurate.

"Have you looked further into what i mentioned before? About the cabinet members."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 06:58 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

Lumen couldn't help but crack a small chuckle at Lucetta's comment. Be it maybe from a past life, he just knew the lady had a penchant for witty banter. Even though they hadn't much time to interact, Lumen felt a sense of familiarity with her that he couldn't quite put his finger on. No matter what he did, that feeling wouldn't stop prodding at him. To be honest, it was becoming quite bothersome at this point.

Lumen was taken aback by Luce embracing his from behind. Be it her intents were only to keep herself from falling off of the bike, feeling the warmth of another body was still quite novel to him. Though he'd never admit it, the feeling was one he could have seen himself becoming accustomed to had things not turned out the way they did. As it stood, he was more accustomed to feeling the coldness of another body...in other words when he was checking corpses to see if they were truly dead.

"I didn't know you were that quick to make a move Miss Velius. Do forgive me, I merely jest. The car we're following is the white one ahead. Once they stop at their destination, you're to take both of them out in quick succession. I suppose that shouldn't be much of a challenge for someone of your skill. After that, we're to infiltrate the warehouse and take control of it. Rest assured, you needn't worry about that part. I assure you we're adequately equipped for the job."

Lumen continued to trail the white car at a distance as he mulled over what had Luce had told him. In truth, he held her speculation as a high possibility. With the permission of his superiors, he would soon launch his own investigation into the matters and get to the bottom of this. His sister would likely be a key part in that investigation - she likely knew a great deal about her colleagues.

"There's no need to fret. I've had my intentions of looking into the matter for a little while now. I have an esteemed colleague in the Britannian cabinet that should be of great help to us in this endeavor: a woman named Melina Kamiya. I'm sure you know her better by the name of Melina Di Britannia."

The two continued the rest of their trek throughout the city in near complete silence. There wasn't much to discuss other than the Britannian cabinet situation. It was more than likely Lucetta was trying to prep herself for the kill. Being a soldier and a fellow member of Inquisitor, Lumen had no doubt Lucetta possessed the cold calculating lethality to kill on the spot without an inclination of hesitation. Despite this, it was likely Lucetta would still fare better with time to compose herself for the oncoming bloodshed.

Soon enough, the two found themselves pursuing the car throughout the outskirts of the city. Unlike the bustling business locale the center of the city found itself to be, the outskirts were dotted heavily with industrial parks, replete with different varieties of factories and warehouses. Soon enough the car veered off to the left to park out front of a rather decrepit lot. The warehouse seemed to be in withering away from lack of better use, but evidently this wasn't the case.

As Lumen neared the car, he began to speak,"I'm going to pull by them quite quickly. You only have one chance at taking them both out, but I'm sure it won't be a problem for you. I'm fully confident you will be able to succeed."
PM
^
Lucetta Velius
 Posted: Feb 10 2017, 10:18 AM
Quote Post
BRL
Cake Loving Narcissist
Private
Member 15
29 Posts

OoC: I can't take my post srs anymore because of that avatar. I forgot i had it lmaoooo.

Hearing Lumen's banter made Lucetta playfully scoff at his words. She knew he wasn't serious, and some lighthearted humor was probably what the pair needed before they completed their task. One thing she noticed was peculiar man this way spoke . She couldn't decide if he sounded like a posh gentleman, or a pompous asshole. Regardless, the man could surely drive a motor bike and the two of them were keeping up with the enemy car rather well.

After hearing Lumen's explanation of what events would unfold next, Lucetta began readying her gun, a .40 s&w with a silencer attached. So it seems Lumen might have found her suspicions to be valid enough to launch an investigation. To be honest, she wondered why no one else had done the same. Or maybe they had, but were quickly silenced. It took a moment to register in Lucetta's brain that Lumen had just dropped the name of a royal family member. She wasn't sure whether to ask about what his ties were to them, but she figured that now wasn't exactly the time to pry.

"I'll be sure to get them in no more than two shots, don't you worry. I just wonder if this will really slow anything down. These people are seemingly more organized than our own at this rate. Also, assuming your friend isn't involved in it as well, she should probably watch her back."

Just as Lumen said, the car finally reached its destination and came to a halt. The two gentlemen emerged from its interior not long after, just before the bike was within range. As usual before a new kill, her father's face flashed through her mind for an instant. This all started with him.

"C'est la fin." she purred as she closed in on the targets.

One. Two. With those two shots, the bike whizzed by. She turned her head to see the two men, now lifeless and bleeding out on the ground. Mission accomplished, indeed. She felt no remorse. And why should she? These are the same kind of men that stole her father away and robbed her of a childhood. People that would do the same to some other child if given the chance. Fools like that weren't entitled to any mercy.

"Well done, Lumen. Should we celebrate with some Taco Castle later?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Feb 12 2017, 02:47 AM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

Like Lucetta had said, that was the end for those two. She more than lived up to her reputation as a marksman, having taken out both targets from a decent speed with only two shots. To be honest, Lumen was quite pleased she was assigned to be his partner. Although he wasn't bad with firearms, he was leagues beneath somebody like Lucetta. Having an ally around that excelled in an area he didn't was more than a welcoming idea to him. He'd just have to be careful not to end up the target in her cross-hairs one day.

"What a superb performance. Forgive me if I sound a little over enthusiastic, but that was the first time I've had the pleasure of bearing witness to your skills. You're by all means the meritorious marksman the superiors had made you out to be."

Lucetta was a powerful asset indeed, but her loyalties lied with Inquisitor. If he could somehow manage to win her over to his personal side, she would no doubt serve as an excellent tool to further his goals. Unlike the other one he had his eye on, she was extremely sharp-witted. Once again, he'd have to be careful not to make the wrong move when weaning her allegiances away from Inquisitor but doubly so for her.

"Unfortunately, I'll have to give you a rain check for a date at Taco Castle. We still need to check out the warehouse to confirm this was the correct one. Let's just hope they didn't make a random stop for a bit of fresh air."

Without warning, Lumen whipped his bike around with a sharp turn and sped back to where the two men had met their untimely demise. Lumen buzzed by the two, not even stopping to confirm their state; he wanted to be certain to display he had absolute faith in Lucetta's abilities. He slammed on the breaks whist turning, causing the bike to slide into a screeching halt. They were on the outer perimeter of the warehouse.

Lumen reached into the pocket of his pants and pulled out a rather strange-looking pair of binoculars. With the flip of a switch on the side, they beamed to life and gave off a faint glow. As he looked into them, he could make out shapes from the inside of the building: the shapes of various types of armament. Without a doubt, they had found their prize. Even more fortunate, the place seemed to be lifeless. They likely only operated at night - which gave the Britannian military more than enough time to act.

Lumen once again reached for something more: a radio. He put it up to his ear and began to speak into it, "This is Major Sensatus. I am confirming we have succeeded in our mission. Both targets were eliminated and the warehouse has been secured. The coordinates are fourty-one degrees fifty minutes fourty-six point nine seconds north, eighty-seven degrees fourty-eight minutes and fourteen point nine seconds west. We'll be stationed here until Britannians arrive."

"We're to remain here until additional military personnel arrive to relieve us of duty. I suppose we can converse in the mean time."

Just a mere glance at Lucetta was enough to hit Lumen with the overcoming feeling of nostalgia. Why did he feel like he had met her before? There was no way - she was in the EU for the entirety of his life, and he had only visited it once. This familiarity was uncanny to say the least, but something was nagging at him to get to the bottom of it. To be honest he wanted to clear himself of this uncanny feeling.

"I've mentioned I was in Paris once before. It was back in the year 2018, so I would have only been eight years old at the time. Do forgive me if I butcher the language, but I believe I visited a district of Paris called Saint cloud. I was staying with friends of my late father while he attended a conference. I'm not sure why I'm divulging such useless information to you; take what you will from it."
PM
^
Lucetta Velius
 Posted: Feb 24 2017, 09:05 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Cake Loving Narcissist
Private
Member 15
29 Posts

Well things had certainly escalated rather quickly. It wasn't so long ago that the pair had been slaving away in that Taco Castle. Now the mission had seemingly been accomplished. Lucetta walked back over to the pair of bodies, covered in blood and sprawled out on the pavement. She turned the head of one of her victims until it was face up. She did the same with the other, confirming her kills. There didn't seem to be any other threats left in the area, something that struck her as odd. You'd think there would be more people around such an important warehouse. However, perhaps a high amount of guards would draw too much attention? Lucetta shrugged to herself and put her gun away. Wasn't really anything she had to worry about at this point. She strolled back over to Lumen and sat down against a wall.

Finally, she felt she could unwind for a moment. Lucetta let loose her hair, letting it drape all the way down against the pavement. It was then that she notice Lumen had set his gaze in her direction. She raised an eyebrow even as he explained that he had been in Paris during his childhood. No doubt, he was mulling over the fact that he seemed to recognize her from somewhere. She scratched her head and fixed her gaze long and hard on Lumen's face once more. There definitely was something that clicked within her mind. Something was telling her that she knew this man from somewhere. Judging from what he said, she was definitely in Paris at that time.

"Je suis désolé, mon ami, but I honestly have very little recollection of my later childhood. I'm not sure if you've read it in my file, but i have what they would call a 'photographic memory'. So, the fact that i can't recall carious details has always been a mystery to me. So, it's very plausible that we've met in the past, however... I don't remember you. You don't seem to remember anything more than my face, so i guess it's even, huh?"

She didn't mean to sound cross toward the end, but she couldn't help but be annoyed at the fact she couldn't remember something like this. In fact, it wasn't really until now that she wished she could dig into her memories from that time.

"Well, why don't you have a seat and chat while we wait? Perhaps we could jog our memories."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Feb 25 2017, 02:54 AM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

Lumen was more than well aware that Lucetta possessed an eidetic memory; that was another one of her traits that gave her value as a potential ally. Because of the her memory, he was more than a bit surprised that she only could piece together small bits of her childhood. Could it have been that she was suppressing the memories? That memory of hers was just as much a curse as it was a gift, so it was likely forgetting was something she greatly desired. In any case, there was definitely a small chance they had met before.

Lumen gave a slight grin as he crossed his arms and nodded in concurrence with her suggestion to mull over the past. It was an absolute fact that she was uncannily familiar to him, but even if they had met before Lumen had little to no actual interest in their past as a whole. Those care-free childhood memories weren't going to return and no amount of reminiscing would change that. This small-talk did have its merits, however; if Lumen could get closer to Lucetta to loosen up around him, he could begin to lay the foundation for building her trust in him.

"I must have been quite young at the time I visited France. Do bare in mind that Europia United was crumbling as Prince Schneizel conquered territory after territory. It suffices to say that relationships between Britannia and Europe weren't exactly amicable, but nonetheless my father found such a strenuous time the perfect opportunity to attend a string of conferences in France," Lumen paused seemingly ruminating over something before he continued on, "I do believe it was in the late spring of 2017. I'm sure if we did meet, nothing fruitful could have came from the meeting. Two children hardly have anything of prominence to discuss. Even so, the notion of us meeting before is an interesting thought."

He remained in silence for a small period of time. It almost seemed as if he had nothing to throw on the table, but he did have more than a mouthful for Luce.

"You know, Miss Velius, I was more than happy to oblige to become the partner for somebody like you. Rest assured, I did take a gander at your file. In fact, I made sure to look all of your examination scores as well. You possess a praiseworthy amount of intellectual ability, a great deal in part to your memory I'm sure. Most astonishing are your firing range results - some of the highest recorded in history if I'm not mistaken. You're the perfect soldier. I'm sure your father having a military background no doubt had a part in shaping you."

Lumen chuckled slightly. His last statement was just an indication of how deeply he had looked into things. He had done more than just dig through the standard military files given to him, electing to find out about her upbringing and family background.

"Forgive me if I came off a bit strong just now. I'll be the first to admit I did a significant amount of extra research on you, Miss Velius. You see, I consider myself quite well-read and seeing as you are my partner, I felt it was only proper to know everything I could about you. I do hope you're not perturbed by my choice of actions. I'm simply the type of person to take a fancy in something if it piques my interest."

He gave an innocent smile whilst rubbing the back of his head in an attempt to feign embarrassment. Although he felt no shame over his actions, he certainly didn't want to come off as some reprehensible creep.

"Once again I must apologize, Miss Velius. It seems as though I went off on another tangent and we ended up completely off topic. Back to the matter at hand, I do recall being enthralled by a locale called Parc Monceau. It was a bit far off, but l visited it several times. I wonder how it is faring after the whole fiasco we had over there."
PM
^
Lucetta Velius
 Posted: Feb 25 2017, 12:02 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Cake Loving Narcissist
Private
Member 15
29 Posts

Not only did this man like to talk, but he also did his research. Lucetta figured he knew about her, but she had no idea that he had dug so deep into her past. Hell, he had even brought up her father. She wasn't sure if he had done so because it was simply part of his job, or if he was trying to find some sort of indication that the two had known each other. Like looking up an old friend possibly? She wasn't cross with him over it, and she had never bothered to do the same with him. It was strange seeing a side of him that she had never seen before. He was always so serious and distant, but here he came off as somewhat childlike.

"Ah, so you really have done your research? I must admit, I didn't think you were as chatty as this. You look to be someone who prefers solitude at first glance. Now, when we met in Paris during the operation, that was the first time I had returned home in years. After the invasion, I was pretty much smuggled into Britannia and was forced to abandon my ties with the EU. I'm not sure if I've forgotten because I was forced to shed that part of my heritage, or if there really is something else."

Parc Monceau. The name had rang through her mind for a short while after Lumen had brought it up. For a moment, a scene flashed through her mind. She could tell she was much shorter, indicating this took place during her childhood. She seemed to be running after a boy, but could only see the back of his head. Lucetta turned briefly to Lumen and took note of his hair color. That was indeed the same color of the boy running before her in that memory. She, however, had no intention of mentioning this development just yet. Before addressing the man's comment about the park, she made sure to thank him for his prior comments about her weapon skills..

"Thank you for your compliments, I do take a large amount of pride in my work as a marksman. Although i've forgotten a lot, I do remember Parc Monceau. I spent a majority of my free time playing there. Sadly, i do recall that the park was trampled over during all the chaos and likely stained in red. In its glory, it was definitely more beautiful than anything here in Britannia."

Although she barely knew this man, he felt easy to talk to. She wouldn't go as far to call him a friend just yet, but it was nice to be able to actually converse. In the BRL, Lucetta preferred to keep to herself, so it was rare for her to be able to sit down like this. Besides, this man knew enough about her that anything she divulged, he likely knew.

"Since you know my father was a soldier, i'm sure you can guess what happened to him. I heard he was one of the finest snipers the EU had to offer. The only reason I'm doing any of this is because of him. I just don't believe he lost his life during Britannia's invasion. It just helps me sleep better at night knowing i'm slowly crushing the very people who stole my childhood"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Feb 25 2017, 06:21 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

Lucetta was able to get a feel for his general personality in the past, so it only sufficed to say she would find his sociable behavior a little strange. In any case, he'd help alleviate her worries.

"You'd be right to say that I am generally somebody who keeps to themselves. However, as I mentioned before, I do take a fancy quite easily to things that grab my interest. I suppose my folly is letting my over-enthusiasm consume me."

To be honest, things couldn't have been going any better. This girl was the real deal. He was well aware of what happened to her father: the man went MIA in the battle against the old Britannia. She was trying to crush the embodiment of the old aristocracy that took her father away in order to avenge him. He had his suspicions for her motives, but hearing it straight from the horse's mouth made it so much sweeter. His deck only became greater whenever she confirmed she had indeed visited the park he mentioned. Them being friends at one point in time could definitely be used to his advantage. If that was a card he could play down the line, he'd be sure to save it for a rainy day.

"Yes, I definitely remember being awestruck by the park's beauty. Even as a child, I suppose I could appreciate the finer subtleties in life. Perhaps we did meet back in those idyllic childhood days. Do let me know if you remember anything."

His small talk hardly mattered. No - what mattered now was using all of the info he had gleaned to form a amiable relationship with this girl. Like with his sister Melina, he couldn't mess up or show his true intentions; this girl would pounce on the smallest slip up. It seemed he had the misfortune of always being involved with sharp-witted women. Then again, sharp-witted people were often the ones that caught his interest.

If friendships were to be formed based on trust, then it was only right that Lumen gave her at least one truth. After all, he had known so much of her and she so little of him. He couldn't go overboard and divulge everything. He didn't want Lucetta to view him as some crazed lunatic. A little truth here and there would be fine. Before all of that, he'd have to drop the formality business with her and get on on a first name basis. They had similar reasons for joining the war; their hatred of the BRL would serve nicely as the glue that held them together. That would be an excellent way to start a conversation.

"You know, Lucetta, we have similar reasons for joining the military. The Britannian Restoration League took my father from me as well. I even had the horror of being present to watch them commit this atrocity. Although one may assume otherwise, revenge was not my primary motive in joining the military. No, I honestly believe that for the sake of peace in this world, the BRL cannot be allowed to exist. A world where no child has to see their father taken away by some pointless conflict...that would be ideal," Lumen paused before slipping in another truth, "That said, I greatly hate the BRL and everything they stand for; naturally, I can relate to your sentiments on killing them."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Little Shinjuku | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

DIRECTORIES
RPG-DDistant FantasiesRPG Initiative

AFFILIATES
STATIC
Struggle of SoulsKH: Pieces in ReposeGundam RPGShiva MSTsLunar Eclipse, a post-stars sailor moon rpNTRPFE:ADR BannerThe 100 Role PlayThe Zaraki Rebellion photo htf-affilliate-1.pngNo Noise, No Noise

SCROLLING
SKINNED BY CATHULHU OF RPG-D