Welcome
Links
Staff
Hello, and welcome to Requiem of Geass, a Code Geass RP that takes place ten years after Code Geass R2! Make sure to check out our Plot and Rules if you're interested in registering!
Note: If you plan on creating an OC or a Canon, please create an Out of Character account first that will act as a parent for your sub accounts!

Original Opening Date: September 24, 2009

Stats
Credits
STATISTICS M F Tl
Black Knights 2 4 6
Britannian Military 3 1 4
BRL 1 3 4
Unaligned 2 3 5
Students 4 7 11
Canons 0 1 1
Plot, Templates, Graphics, and Original Content in Banner (c) DiamondDust.
Statistics box (c) Revo of RPG-D.
Viridian Glass skin made by Cathulu of RPG-D.
Mini profile courtesy of Kitten of RPG-D.
The original concept of 'Code Geass', 'Code Geass R.2.' by Gorō Taniguchi, Ichirō Ōkouchi, Sunrise, CLAMP, and Bandai Entertainment.
MOUSE OVER BANNER FOR INFO

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» All's Fair in War right?
Reid Legato
 Posted: Mar 19 2017, 02:06 PM
Quote Post
Unaligned
Soldier/Student
Private
Member 40
78 Posts
Reid Legato
~AVENGER~

Time had flown by surprisingly fast for Reid Legato. It had already been roughly a week since he had been captured by the BRL forces and found himself under the care of Luna. In that time his leg had begun to heal quite impressively. He wasn't able to achieve full range of motion or stay on it for long periods of time but he had progressed to the point in which he could move around the lab by holding himself up with his surrounding surfaces. It wasn't as if the BRL had any intention of helping him so Reid had become his own physical therapist. Hopefully he'd be back to having the full use of his leg by the end of the month.

While he still had the desire of leaving the BRL's clutches the need was not as pressing as it would have been had anyone other than Luna been his captor. The girl had actually been quite pleasant to be around and Reid wondered if perhaps this were just part of some long con to keep him at ease. If it was then it had certainly been working. Most of their days were spent together with Luna achieving her daily tasks and Reid doing anything to keep himself busy. He had taken to looking over the files that the BRL had amassed on the Britannian Military's armaments; surprised that they had managed to get such a comprehensive analysis of the force. If Reid had to guess he'd assume that they had to have had spies in most of the offices back in the mainland; maybe even a few within the royal house itself. He hadn't caused much trouble and as long as he didn't attempt to leave the confines of her lab Luna seemed to allow Reid whatever freedom he desired.

Thus far there was no way for Reid to tell if anyone from the BM was currently looking for him and he didn't dare attempt to reach out and contact them in the state he was currently in. Acting now while he was still considerably weak would only put himself in immediate danger as well as shout out to the entire BRL where the BM forces and base he could contact were located. No, he'd have to wait until he'd be able to defend himself, maybe steal a knightmare and get the hell out of there. He had committed the path to the hanger Luna had taken him to into his memory. He'd be able to reach it when the time came. All these plans stayed locked away safely in his mind though.

On this particular day Luna sat at her computer while sipping her coffee. Reid had poured himself a cup and hobbled his way behind her, the pleasing fragrance that she seemed to wear everyday wafting its way across the room. Reid couldn't put his finger on it but it seemed as though Luna had really been wearing a lot more of it lately. The scent was near overpowering but still rather nice on the whole.

Taking a sip from his cup Reid then asked "Any new developments on the frames today? I know you had a lot of the other scientists running some tests on them. It seems you all have had a relatively long time to get some work done around here. Although, it seems like most of these people couldn't be of any use to you. I'm surprised you aren't down there seeing to the frames yourself."

If there was one thing Reid had noted about his time here it was that Luna was by far and away the best scientist within this BRL facility: perhaps even in the entirety of the BRL. She seemed to be the driving force behind their technology with everyone else serving as mere hands to aid her endeavors. Perhaps she was some form of head scientist? Maybe the leader of its sector or something. Reid hadn't quite pieced together the structure of the BRL organization yet. He was using his time while captive to learn as much about the BRL as he could.
PM
^
Luna
 Posted: Mar 19 2017, 06:47 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Soldier/Scientist
Recruit
Member 65
32 Posts
Luna
Eccentric Manipulator

Luna's hands danced across the keyboard of her laptop as she worked through some theory notes that she had been writing up in relation to some of the new knightmare systems that she was developing, the girl stopping to take a few sips from her coffee mug as she did. It had been a week since the capture of Reid Legato, in which she had acted as a rather informal prison guard of sorts, sure she was meant to limit his access to facilities and freedoms severely, but those were commands from the more military focused side of the BRL, and Luna didn't much care for orders that came from them. Within the last week she had made considerable progress with both her frames and her captive, the first AI for the "Hive"'s MONARCH system was ready for testing and Reid seemed to be warming up to her...he almost seemed to like her, although Luna couldn't tell, but she had observed that wearing a certain perfume seemed to improve his mood.

"Things are g-going well...Hive w-will be ready for t-testing s-soon...Hellf-fire needs a few m-more days..." She said in response to Reid's question before spinning her chair around to face him. "H-hows the l-leg?" she asked, looking up at his face, she had grown to like it, his brown hair, his eyes, for some reason the features were rather attractive in the girl's mind.

"I-if you're feeling up to i-it we can b-begin tests on H-hive today...i-it'll be m-mainly checking s-system functionality and e-ensuring that there a-are no issues b-before combat tests start..." she said, sipping more of her coffee and spinning her chair around to kick the walls he was near, propelling herself towards the coffee machine as she was in need of a refill. "I-I should p-probably tell y-you what Hive is e-exactly...seeing as y-you're the first t-test pilot..."
PM
^
Reid Legato
 Posted: Mar 19 2017, 08:16 PM
Quote Post
Unaligned
Soldier/Student
Private
Member 40
78 Posts
Reid Legato
~AVENGER~

The raven haired girl with the white streak seemed to be in a relatively pleasant mood today, something that seemed to be few and far between. Responding to her inquiry Reid replied "Its better. I still don't have my full strength yet but I think the worst is over. I can't quite stand on my own but I'll be able to manage. My thanks again for making sure it was patched up correctly."

Leaning on the back of the girl's chair so that he could look at the notes she was typing more clearly he continued "I'm surprised they're allowing you to go further with the testing. I get the feeling your contemporaries aren't exactly pleased with the fact that I'll be the test pilot since I'm not one of your guys. Have they tried to stop you from going forward?"

Without noticing Reid had rested his head on the girl's shoulder to further read into her notes. It appeared that his hunch on her frames having some sort of proprietary systems upgrades was correct. The notes made mention of some type of 'MONARCH' system to which Reid could only assume was created by Luna. She was going to fill him in on the details that he needed to know in order to properly test the system.

"Yeah, I think I'll be able to take part in testing today; I'm not entirely useless. Just don't expect me to pull off any crazy maneuvers today!" Reid said with a slight laugh. He couldn't believe he'd get to get in a cockpit again. It would be enough just to help get his mind off of his current situation.He moved from his perch when Luna got up to retrieve some more coffee.

As Luna mentioned having to clue him in on some of the finer details of what he'd be testing Reid replied "Yes, I'd like to learn more about the frames I'll be testing. Info on them was surprising sparse within even your own systems. Is it common for the science division to keep this type of research from the rest of the organization? Or is this strictly the case for your own pet project?"

Reid was indeed intrigued as to why all mentions of the MONARCH system and the two Knightmares was kept locally at the research labs instead of on the BRL's server. He awaited the information that Luna was going to relay to him.
PM
^
Luna
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 04:57 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Soldier/Scientist
Recruit
Member 65
32 Posts
Luna
Eccentric Manipulator

"G-good to hear...t-the hole in your l-leg was p-pretty...pretty b-big...a-are you sure y-you're ok?" Luna asked as she pushed herself back towards her desk, sipping her coffee as she went and giggling a little. Giggling was something that the girl had been doing with increased frequency after the arrival of Reid at the BRL base for reasons that she could not for the life of her figure out. Was it something he did to her? Did he secretly have some strange dopamine or endorphin increasing drug? The girl didn't know, there was always the possibility that being around him just made her happy, but Luna wasn't about to admit to herself that emotions affected her to such a degree, even if it was the case. "Theres...there's b-been some r-resistance...b-but nobody is g-going to actually s-stop me...not when I-I'm the one c-creating new weapons..." she said with a slight sigh before grabbing a tablet that was next to her computer and walking towards the exit of the lab.

"Follow me" she said before leaving, walking slowly so that reid could catch up. "T-today y-you'll be testing H-hive...it's an e-experimental p-prototype frame that u-utilises the M-MONARCH system. T-this system is, s-simply put a r-rudimentary artificial i-intelligence th-that controls d-drones that the f-frame uses in c-combat instead o-of conventional w-weapons" she said, sipping her coffee. "T-today we're g-going to be testing th-the general p-performance of the f-frame and s-seeing if the MONARCH s-system works as i-intended"
PM
^
Reid Legato
 Posted: Apr 3 2017, 01:14 PM
Quote Post
Unaligned
Soldier/Student
Private
Member 40
78 Posts
Reid Legato
~AVENGER~

Hearing the details of his wound still made Reid cringe a bit. From what had been described as well as his own two eyes Reid knew Luna wasn't speaking in hyperbole. That bullet had done a number on his leg; in an earlier era they probably would have had to amputate it. Thanks to the miracles of modern medicine he'd shrug the injury off in almost a third of the time. Smiling, Reid replied ”With a doctor as good as you I'm sure I'll be healed soon!”

Reid caught the smile on his face. Many would find it odd to smile at such a time since he was technically a prisoner, someone who should be miserable. Reid actually felt the opposite though. With Luna around this was the first time Reid had had a constant companion since his parents had died. The two took meals together, spent their day together. The only time they were separated was when Luna returned to her private quarters for the evening. Nevertheless, she would promptly return the next day and the process would start all over again. That was when another giggle erupted from the girl. This time she caught it, a look of confusion plastered upon her face. She had been acting weird lately, her face a shade of red more often than not. Reid had to wonder if the girl was catching a fever of some sort. Perhaps her lab coat wasn't warm enough?

So, there had been push back to the notion of Reid being the test pilot of such an important project. It wasn't that Reid was surprised that the issue had come up; no, he took it as a challenge to his merits as a pilot. He'd be sure to show up all of the BRL’s best pilots when he climbed into the frame.

Making note of what Luna said, Reid replied “It's a good thing you're the one in charge then. Clearly you're smarter than they are.”

As the duo prepared to depart from the lab Reid noted how lax the security had gotten around them. While they used to be accompanied closely by armed guards their latest trips had been with a trailing guard. Perhaps the facility had become used to him.

As the system was explained to Reid some of the higher functions went above his head but the majority of it made sense in practical application. From what Reid could gather these individual drones would act as an extension of the frame’s weapons systems, the frame controlling them with some new AI. The entire system would revolutionize the war in terms of technology. Perhaps even give the BRL the edge they needed for their wartime efforts. The idea that the creator of said system was standing mere feet from him was staggering.

Nodding in agreement, Reid responded “I'll do my best. I'm sure I don't have much of a chance to fail. Just show me to the frame and I'll do the rest.” The tone of his voice dipped in confidence. If there was one thing Reid was sure he could do it was piloting. These scientists were in for a show.
PM
^
Luna
 Posted: Apr 4 2017, 01:09 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Soldier/Scientist
Recruit
Member 65
32 Posts
Luna
Eccentric Manipulator

Luna continued to walk, blushing deeply when she was complimented by Reid, trying to hide her face which was now a deep shade of red but ultimately failing and quickening her pace in the hopes that Reid wouldn't focus on it to much. "Y-you
're to nice"
she muttered before stopping at a large door which had a small panel to the right of it, the girl brought her right eyes to the panel and it was quickly scanned, a green light flashing to show that her retinal scan had been accepted and the door opened to allow them in, Luna stepping quickly through and then heading to the hangar in which the frames were kept. As she walked into the large room, the girl took ina deep breath and smiled. "Ah..I l-love this place..." she said before turning around and taking Reid's hand, leading him towards the black and yellow insect-like figure of the Hive frame which had a ladder next to the open cockpit so that Reid could into the machine, although Luna would have preferred a lift of some kind due to the fact that his leg, as far as she knew wasn't fully healed, but it wasn't like she had much that she could do.

"O-ok Reid...g-get into the frame, i-instructions on the c-controls have already b-been downloaded i-into it s-so the frame will t-tell you once it b-boots" she said with a smile before gesturing towards the frame
PM
^
Reid Legato
 Posted: Apr 4 2017, 02:12 PM
Quote Post
Unaligned
Soldier/Student
Private
Member 40
78 Posts
Reid Legato
~AVENGER~

Luna suddenly quickened her pace forcing Reid to struggle as he attempted to keep up. Something had obviously disturbed the girl but Reid couldn't quite put his finger on what it was. After shot time more the pair reached a large metal door. Luna leaned into a panel closely as a laser registered her pupil before emitting a beep and opening up to them. Reid gulped nervously. He certainly hadn't accounted for this in his escape plan. So if he wished to exit the facility using any of these frames he'd need an eye from either Luna or presumably any of the scientists. The concept of how to acquire something like that made the hairs on Reid's neck stand on end.

Alas, there was no time to dwell on that thought any longer as Luna hastily grabbed Reid's hand and lead him through the hanger to the unit he'd be testing. Standing before him was a tall and solemn figure draped in Black and Yellow. its eyes, if you could call them that, appeared to look down on Reid; causing a sense of apprehension to well up within him. Luna then broke the silence, exclaiming that she loved the hangar. Reid could tell the girl was more attached to her projects that she was willing to admit, causing him to smile. It was good for people to be passionate about their hobbies.

As Luna explained the gist of the tests Reid took a deep breath before putting his hands to the ladder and preparing to climb. He put his good leg on the rung first before dragging the injured one behind it, a grimace plastered on his face as he did so. After a bit of effort he climbed into the cockpit. Finding a headset placed on the seat he put it on and connected the safety harness. Tapping a few keys, screens flickered to life before Reid's eyes. First a BRL logo appeared, followed by a beehive insignia. Words soon filtered across the screen, Reid paying no attention to them as he instead focused on a graphic of the frames various pieces.

Connecting the headset to a frequency, Reid said "Luna, can you hear me? Movement systems are almost online. Everything appears to be booting up correctly. Where are we going for the test?"

Reid wasn't entirely sure what to expect from this process, he imagined they had to have some failsafe to prevent him from making his escape now. What was it? Frames? Anti-Air guns? Perhaps some sort of remote explosive? No, none of that seemed feasible. They wouldn't dare risk setting themselves back in terms of research. Would they? He decided to just relax, sit back and wait for Luna to instruct him further. The display indicated that the Hive frame was at 75% operational capacity.
PM
^
Luna
 Posted: Apr 12 2017, 02:33 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Soldier/Scientist
Recruit
Member 65
32 Posts
Luna
Eccentric Manipulator

Luna grinned as she heard the engine of the frame slowly wind up, the complex Yggdrasil drive humming into activity and the insectoid eyes of the frame glowing with a brilliant yellow. "Good morning..." she muttered under her breath to the frame, even though she knew that it couldn't reply to her...at least not yet. Soon after she heard the voice of Reid coming through the speakers of the frame, asking if she could hear him. "I-I can hear you R-reid" the girl responded, looking at the tablet that she held within her hand, the screen was alight with readings showing energy levels of the frame, a wireframe model of the machine that was capable of showing any stress or damage to the inner workings and mechanisms, along with a section to the side which read 'M.O.N.A.R.C.H system recognition accomplished'. Below this section was a video feed from the eyes of the frame, in which Luna could see herself, a targeting circle hovering over her with the words 'Creator' flashing every half second. "Good...it recognises me" she said before raising her voice and speaking to Reid. "O-ok Reid...first o-of all just try w-walking a little...once y-you're comfortable s-signal the d-door controllers and they sh-should open the hangar f-for you...t-the comms sh-should be active" she said before walking to rest on the wall of the hangar, waiting to see her creation, her magnum opus, her child in more sense than one take it's first steps.
PM
^
Reid Legato
 Posted: Apr 12 2017, 04:02 PM
Quote Post
Unaligned
Soldier/Student
Private
Member 40
78 Posts
Reid Legato
~AVENGER~

As the frame below Reid came to life a certain feeling of excitement returned to his heart. He was about to experience the joy of piloting one more time after assuming that he’d never be able to do such an activity again. Flipping a couple of switches Reid was greeted with the frame’s targeting systems. The figure that he recognized as Luna had a reticle around it with a caption that read ‘Creator’. A secondary screen displayed another message reading “Safety locks engaged. Friendly unit targeted.” Important information for Reid. If the BRL had the frame tag all of their units as friendly Reid would be a sitting duck in an eventual escape plan. He’d have to wait and see if his theory was right.

Drawing him out of his thoughts was Luna, providing him with more instructions to comply with. Guiding the joystick slightly forward, Reid moved the Hive forward ever so slightly. As the frame took slow, deliberate steps forward Reid could feel the desire to take things even further.

”All energy levels are reading normal. It looks like the systems have all booted up successfully. I’m ready for the doors to be opened.”

Upon his signal the controllers opened up the door and Reid brought the knightmare into a faster roll, its landspinners screeching as they picked up speed. Once outside the hangar Reid made his way to the middle of a large practice field.

Speaking into the mic he said ”Alright, what do you need tested first? It looks like most of the weapons systems are on a safety that you need to disable. The energy wing system is also about 95% ready for its initial test run. Whatever it is you need I am at your command.”
PM
^
Luna
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 05:35 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Soldier/Scientist
Recruit
Member 65
32 Posts
Luna
Eccentric Manipulator

Luna smiled and let out a small squeal of glee as she saw her creation take its first steps, the sight of the black and yellow giant of a machine striding across the hangar was one that she wasn't going to forget any time soon, if she ever did. Walking along in an effort to keep up with the Hive as the machine slowly increased in speed right on queue with the hangar doors being opened by the door controllers. "G-good Reid...spend a l-little more t-time getting a feel for t-the c-controls...m-make sure you have a-all of them figured out... the girl stammered before walking out into the sunlight herself, shielding her eyes with one of her slender arms as she did. Looking down at the tablet that she held in her free hand to see all systems within the frame were working as intended, this elicited a smile from the raven-haired girl, seeing all parts of a machine working perfectly in harmony was the single greatest joy in the world for Luna. "O-ok Reid...I would l-like you to t-test the slash harkens o-on the cliff face t-to the e-east...they-they're wrist-mounted..." she said before walking further, the sunlight reflecting off of the pure white streak in her hair as she did.

"A-after that I w-would like to m-make sure the energy w-wing system works a-along with t-the M.O.N.A.R.C.H system"
PM
^
Reid Legato
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 06:00 PM
Quote Post
Unaligned
Soldier/Student
Private
Member 40
78 Posts
Reid Legato
~AVENGER~

Reid cruised around in the Hive frame, its mechanical body responding to every nudge he gave it with complete and total responsiveness. He had to admit, the quality of such a frame was miles above the mass produced Vincent frames he'd been given by the Britannian Armed Forces to use. As he made tight turns and figure eights through the practice field Luna's voice fluttered into her ear, the scientist having just exited the hangar.

"G-good Reid...spend a l-little more t-time getting a feel for t-the c-controls...m-make sure you have a-all of them figured out..."

Reid began to put the mechanical marvel through its paces, testing the start and stop times of its landspinners and making sure the calibration of its factsphere sensors was up to code. It appeared that the team had left nothing to chance, every setting and system seemed to be perfected. Reid desperately wanted to open the Hive up and see what she could do. As if she was within his mind Luna called out a set of directions: "O-ok Reid...I would l-like you to t-test the slash harkens o-on the cliff face t-to the e-east...they-they're wrist-mounted... A-after that I w-would like to m-make sure the energy w-wing system works a-along with t-the M.O.N.A.R.C.H system."

A mischievous smile spread across his face, Reid responded "Hope your're ready for a show cutie, you're about to get a rare sight!"

Pointing one of the Hive's wrists at the aforementioned cliff Reid pressed a trigger and a metal hook attached to a long, thick cable erupted from the frame. Within seconds Reid and the Hive were quickly rushing towards the cliff's side: a collision surely immanent if another move wasn't quickly performed.

Targeting an adjacent cliffside, Reid fired a secondary harken and followed the path of that cable with the frame. Soon the Hive was zipping back and forth between the two cliffs, much like a great primate reaching from vine to vine. Reid then fired both harkens at once, suspending the Hive between the two cliffs.

"I'm preparing to test the energy wing systems. Standby for launch."

Taking a deep breath, Reid flipped a pair of switches and the Hive began retracting its harken cables at a lightning fast rate. As the cables neared their ends Reid released the harkens from the cliff faces to launch the Hive high up into the air and into a slight backflip. He always enjoyed being this high in the air. It almost felt like he could reach through the screens and touch the deep shades of blue. Sometimes he tried to do it. As the Hive slowed out of its ascent and began to hurdle towards the earth it picked up speed gradually. Alarms and bells went off in the cockpit, altimeters flared and gyroscopes turned, the Hive itself afraid for its life.

Reid ignored all of these signs. Right now it was just he, the frame and the wild blue yonder to worry about. Seemingly at the last possible second Reid smashed on a button and jerked back on the joysticks of the Hive. Golden wings reminiscent of those a Bee might possess roared to life on the Hive unit's back, lifting the pair into the sky as quickly as they had been falling. A smile permanently plastered across his face Reid practicing rolls, loops and Immelmann turns from memory.

An undertone of joy in his voice Reid excitedly shouted "Congratulations Luna, we've just achieved flight!" to the hopefully amazed woman on the ground below him.
PM
^
Luna
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 05:16 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Soldier/Scientist
Recruit
Member 65
32 Posts
Luna
Eccentric Manipulator

Luna watched in amazement as Reid executed the tests that Luna had asked of him, initially she wasn't all too impress by his actions, the usual test runs that she had seen frames go on a hundred times over with different types of frames. What did catch her attention however was the term that he had used to refer to her, his words being "Hope your're ready for a show cutie, you're about to get a rare sight!". Luna blushed as she heard these words, even though Reid couldn't see the involuntary reaction. "Th-thanks..." she mumbled over the comms, unsure of how to respond to such a comment, especially when it caused a strange sensation within her stomach which was akin to slight anxiety, but more positive, in all honesty the girl probably wouldn't have been able to accurately describe it if someone had asked her...it was so...alien to her.

Luna was ripped from her silent contemplation by the movement of the Hive frame, Reid was truly putting the machine through it's paces, she watched the frame swing between the cliff faces like some sort of primal ape before being suspended briefly between the two, Reid retracting the slash harkens rapidly to launch the machine into the air. Luna watched as she machine began to plummet towards the ground, the girl gasping in horror as she saw her pride and joy speeding towards destruction, before Reid activated the energy wing system, the machine flying out of the dive gracefully. "IT WORKS, IT WORKS IT WORKS!" Luna shouted with glee, her stutter disappearing briefly as she let her emotions take control. "B-brilliant Reid, absolutely b-rilliant" she continued, watching the tablet again, everything was still fine, the frame being able to handle the stress that Reid had put it through.

"N-now for the w-weapon tests" With a few taps on her tablet, Luna signalled to the technicians that weapon tests could begin, three vincent sky frames were wheeled into the testing area, the frames were empty and had been stripped of most of the important components, but their dead carcasses were perfect for testing weapons on.
"O-ok Reid, first o-of all target the r-righmost frame and a-activate the Exo whips, o-once you're ready t-test them on the frame. After t-that test the e-energy wing shards on th-the centre f-frame..a-and then the d-drones on the l-last frame". Luna said, hoping that her weapons worked correctly. The Exo whips were a custom close range weapon that Luna had developed, the weapons, which were hidden within the palms of the frame used electrical currents to stimulate the titanium allow that the core of the whip was made out of to heat it to extreme levels and melt through enemy frame with ease, not to mention that, if the pilot really wished they could be used to shock a frame, destroying it's circuits and killing the pilot in most cases, if said pilot was lucky. As for the Stinger drones, they were possibly the most important weapon that the frame had within it's arsenal, they were controlled by the M.O.N.A.R.C.H system to attack the frame's targets, as for their own weapons they carried two main weapons, the MK-I AP/88 "Ravager" Gatling cannon which could fire well over 10,000 rounds per minute if fired continually, along with the MK-II AA/25 "Nova" particle cannon which fired beams of concentrated energy to melt through heavily armoured targets.
PM
^
Reid Legato
 Posted: Apr 24 2017, 06:03 PM
Quote Post
Unaligned
Soldier/Student
Private
Member 40
78 Posts
Reid Legato
~AVENGER~

As Reid brought the skyward Hive unit at a steady altitude he saw the test units being wheeled out for him to take aim yet. The unit's sensors gave him a detailed look at the opposition from its perch in the sky. The units, three dilapidated Sky units that appeared to have been stripped of all their armaments, sat silent and still as they awaited their execution. The Hive's computers displayed a grey reticle around the units with a label denoting them as empty. A ding from a panel near Reid's head alerted him to the activation of his weapons systems.

"O-ok Reid, first o-of all target the r-righmost frame and a-activate the Exo whips, o-once you're ready t-test them on the frame. After t-that test the e-energy wing shards on th-the centre f-frame..a-and then the d-drones on the l-last frame"

For a moment, something within Reid told him to take his chance for escape now. He had felt the power of the Hive, seen its raw force. If he targeted the control towers before Luna could disable the frame perhaps he could knock out the radio signal and free the Hive from her shackles.

All of those thoughts subsided the minute he saw the type of firepower that the Hive came equipped with. All rational thought would say to put that firepower to his personal use but it was as if he and the frame where one in the same. He wanted, no, NEEDED to pilot this masterpiece. He owed it to his skills as a soldier and pilot to perform these tests to the best of his ability. Nothing else would sway him from that notion.

"Rodger. Moving into attack range and executing orders."

The Hive entered a quick decent before swooping down onto the first frame. With a flick of both Reid and the Hive's wrists one of the Vincent units was immediately torn in two, its halves glowing a red magma as molten metals fell to the side. The power of the Hive's 'Exo Whips' proving to be an immediate threat.

Coming in for a second pass, Reid took the hive higher into the sky and then activated the Energy Wing shard system. Within moments, the second Sky frame was littered with glittering golden shards of pure energy. It sunk to one knee before being engulfed in flames and black smoke.

At last the true test was here. Flipping up a couple of switches Reid said "Initiating M.O.N.A.R.C.H system. Drones deploying." Compartments all around the Hive's body opened up and a swarm of drones came forth from its shell. As the whizzed about Reid could have sworn he heard an audible buzz from them. No, his mind had to be playing tricks on him. The Drones, moving in a unified pattern around the Hive's body. Moving within range of the last frame standing Reid had only to reach and maintain a close distance before the drones went about their wicked work. Gatling and particle cannons obliterated the third frame without Reid doing a thing. His eyes widened at the site of the sentinel machines acting of their own accord. If an enemy combatant was ever in a state of helplessness like that Vincent Sky it would be over from them.

Setting the Hive down with a slight roll of the landspinners Reid inquired to Luna "How was that? This Monarch system of yours is fucking ridiculous! This could change the tide of Knightmare Warfare as we know it!" Reid was excited to have been a part of such history, completely forgetting what such a boon would mean for the BRL in their efforts against the Black Knights and the Britannian Military.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Shikine Island | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

DIRECTORIES
RPG-DDistant FantasiesRPG Initiative

AFFILIATES
STATIC
Struggle of SoulsKH: Pieces in ReposeGundam RPGShiva MSTsLunar Eclipse, a post-stars sailor moon rpNTRPFE:ADR BannerThe 100 Role PlayThe Zaraki Rebellion photo htf-affilliate-1.pngNo Noise, No Noise

SCROLLING
SKINNED BY CATHULHU OF RPG-D