Welcome
Links
Staff
Hello, and welcome to Requiem of Geass, a Code Geass RP that takes place ten years after Code Geass R2! Make sure to check out our Plot and Rules if you're interested in registering!
Note: If you plan on creating an OC or a Canon, please create an Out of Character account first that will act as a parent for your sub accounts!

Original Opening Date: September 24, 2009

Stats
Credits
STATISTICS M F Tl
Black Knights 2 4 6
Britannian Military 3 1 4
BRL 1 3 4
Unaligned 2 3 5
Students 4 7 11
Canons 0 1 1
Plot, Templates, Graphics, and Original Content in Banner (c) DiamondDust.
Statistics box (c) Revo of RPG-D.
Viridian Glass skin made by Cathulu of RPG-D.
Mini profile courtesy of Kitten of RPG-D.
The original concept of 'Code Geass', 'Code Geass R.2.' by Gorō Taniguchi, Ichirō Ōkouchi, Sunrise, CLAMP, and Bandai Entertainment.
MOUSE OVER BANNER FOR INFO

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Recruitment
Lumen
 Posted: Feb 6 2017, 05:44 PM
Quote Post
Members
N/A
N/A
N/A
Member 8
25 Posts
Lumen
Different from the Others

Julius stared the bespectacled man in front of him down. It was Lumen again, apparently here to report his success in Modnar city with the assassination of a drug lord connected to the BRL. It was unfortunate that more blood had to be shed for the cause, but sacrifices were to be necessary.

"Major Sensatus, I trust everything has gone well with your mission in Pendragon."

"Indeed Sir, I've successfully eliminated the target as requested. Regrettably, I had to take the lives of two extra affiliates. I've already documented my mistake in the report I gave you. Please do forgive me for my remiss behavior."

Even if the boy at hand was talented liar, Julius could see through his ruse plain as day. Lumen had no regrets at all over what he did. Although the other members of Inquisitor were coldblooded and connate killers, Lumen was different; he seemed to relish in killing the enemy. The only thing he needed was a small enough reason to spill blood. It didn't matter if the victim had only but the slightest of connections to the BRL, that seemed to be reason enough for him.

"In the report it stated they were underlings of Mr. Ray, so they did have their ties to the BRL in one way or another. That said, their lives didn't need to be taken. Naturally, I assume you feel great shame over your actions so I'll let that stand as punishment alone."

"Thank you, sir. I assure you, I will not let my own personal shortcomings endanger the lives of others in the future. That said, I have another matter at hand I wish to discuss. During my mission, I met a man who I believe is more than qualified to become a member of Inquisitor. Although unintentional, he helped me with my mission."

Julius wanted to bite his lip and scream at the mere prospect of seeing a man Lumen of all people had recommended. Although most of the time Lumen was a prim and proper member of Inqusitor, the fact remained that his true intentions nor his fealty could be easily discerned. Furthermore, his willingness to perform the jobs requested of him was disgusting. Those facts alone made him less than itching for a chance to recruit somebody he had offered up.

"Is that so? Bring this man in. I'd like the opportunity of getting to see for myself whether he is Inquisitor material. I'm certain you wouldn't bring in anybody that would cause problems for us later down the line."

A slight grin crept across Julius's face as he continued speaking once more,"Tell me, have you ever heard about the large string of serial killings that happened along the eastern coast of Britannia over the last three years. Oddly enough, all of the victims had ties to the BRL in one way or another. Apparently the case is in the process of being closed because there is no evidence to connect it to anyone in particular. You're from the East coast, aren't you? I believe the killings ended around the same time I met you. I was figuring somebody as smart as you might have your own leads, seeing as you take great interest in the enemy."

"Unfortunately I do not, sir."

"Unfortunate indeed. It's of no importance, so let's drop that conversation. Bring the man in you summoned."

Although Julius had no way to pin it on Lumen, he had a sneaking suspicion that Lumen was involved somehow. The murders had stopped near the same time Lumen became a member of Inquisitor. The man's intense hatred of the BRL could be used as a testament to his guilt as well. In any case, Julius didn't have the slightest intentions of doing his own investigation - as long as Lumen was still needed of course. For now, it would just serve as a way of keeping the man in line be it that he tried to overstep his boundaries.
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Feb 6 2017, 06:06 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

Lumen teetered on the breaking point of showing his nervosity. The last thing he wanted to do was let his superior pin him for something like this and throw him in a prison cell. Before Lumen would gather any more words, General Arnfried dropped the conversation and decided not to pry any further. Unfortunately, Lumen knew this was intended to be a warning of sorts. He wasn't to try anything funny, especially not in recruiting this new soldier. Lumen wasn't sure he had any concrete evidence to incriminate him, but he wasn't willing to take that chance.

"What reason does he have to suspect me? I knew I was too complacent in the past with my attempts to cover my footprints. I should have continued for at least a few months after I had joined Inquisitor."

"As you wish General. I will summon him forth."

Lumen gave his superior a quick salute and promptly turned around to leave the room. As he exited through the sliding doors he turned and looked to Rowan who was seated at a chair nearby. He gave him a quick nod, ushering him to follow him back into the room.

"Well, Mr. Keith, it seems this will be your chance to plead your case on why you feel you're fit to become a member of this organization. You needn't bother yourself with worrying; I'm certain you possess the mindset to join this family."

Lumen entered the room with Rowan in tow. Immediately, it felt as if the collective gaze of the entire room was pinned upon Rowan. Very few were actually recruited into Inquisitor by recommendation, so it was natural for him to be in the spot light. This was a test in itself. Could Rowan function with the pressure of so many veterans of the organization watching his every move?

"Allow me to be the first to introduce you to my esteemed colleague, Rowan Keith. I'll reiterate once more: he was the utmost help to me in my previous mission. I'm certain he has the mindset capable of joining Inquisitor; he just needs a little shaping to fit the mold."
PM
^
Rowan Keith
 Posted: Feb 6 2017, 08:57 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
N/A
N/A
N/A
Member 68
18 Posts

Rowan was under immense pressure, but this hadn't been anything new. He had always been under pressure due to his success rate in missions. Of course, this was the cause of his goals. However, he was surprisingly nervous compared to any other occasion he had previously encountered. Typically, Rowan had been enthusiastic at an opportunity to prove himself. Lumen had appeared, nodding towards Rowan to enter the room. He steadily walked into the room and everyone was glaring at him; he had then proceeded to salute the men in front of him.

"Hello, my name is Rowan Keith. I am a rank recruit within the Britannian Military. I am here today to prove my worth and show my loyalty towards Britannia. I accept any and all trials you offer. I guarantee you will not regret allowing me here today."

Rowan had quickly changed his state of mind after entering the room. He had boasted himself in front of the most secretive organization in Britannia. Certainly, they had to assume he was a joke, could this man really have been much help?

"Well... What is my challenge? I am capable of completing any task you throw at me. My loyalty will prevail, that I promise you."
PM
^
Lumen
 Posted: Feb 7 2017, 04:06 PM
Quote Post
Members
N/A
N/A
N/A
Member 8
25 Posts
Lumen

Briefly eyeing him up and down, Julius was able to gather he was a rather physical man. Compared to Lumen, he was a bit shorter but he had a far stockier build on him. Based on his physique alone, it was obvious Rowan was an excercise nut- there was no doubt he would be able to meet Inquisitor's physical requirements. Unfortunately, there was far more criteria required to become a member of Inquisitor. It took something a special type of character to become a member of inquisitor - or rather, a lack of it.

"I'll be the judge of whether you'll disappoint me or not. I do have to hand it to you, recruit; it seems like you ate all of your wheaties. But if being physically fit were the only requirement for Inquisitor, we'd be selling gym memberships instead of working for the military."

Julius once again looked Rowan up and down, trying to glean whatever additional info he could from the man. He was going to have him read like a book by the time he was done with his little impromptu interview. Any slip up, even the slightest was enough for him to get the boot. At this point, he was waiting to see if he would show signs of cracking under the pressure.

A flash: that was all it took for Julius to whip out his pistol aim it straight for Rowan's head. At the very least, Rowan passed the first test by not pissing his pants in light of the situation. With a dexterous twirl, Julius turned the gun so the grip was currently facing the man in front of him, barrel aiming at himself. Now was time for second test.

"I want to see to it myself that you have the mentality that it takes to be a member of Inquisitor. Prove that you are loyal to this organization. Take that gun and kill Lumen. He's no longer of any worth to us and will only become a dead weight if we continue to employ his services. Eliminate him and you will be his replacement."
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Feb 7 2017, 06:35 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

Lumen maintained his wry smile as the General seemingly told Rowan how it was. Although it may have seemed as if he were making wisecracks, General Arnfried was far from a facetious man. Hopefully Rowan would have the sense not to fire any jokes back.

A slight break in expression appeared across Lumen's facade as he came to realize the situation he was about to be thrown into. Did Julius really want to dispose of him? Why would he? He completed every mission he was assigned and granted there were a few extra casualties from time to time, but the victims were always connected to the BRL. Nobody could argue that he was ineffective at his job nor at killing the enemy. So what did the general even mean he was of no use any longer?

Although most would be sweating bullets at this point, Lumen did his best to keep level-headed and review the situation. Because of this, it was only mere moments later Lumen realized what was happening in actuality. This had to be a test to determine whether Rowan was as loyal as he claimed to be. He had never asked what happened to Inquisitor members who could no longer perform their job, but it was almost common sense they'd be sworn to an oath of secrecy as opposed to something as outlandish as being executed. That meant the gun the general was handing Rowan had no bullets in the chamber, or at least he hoped so. Well...he'd only be in a body bag if he turned out to be wrong. Fortunately, all signs were pointing to this being a mere ruse.

Whether Rowan would pull the trigger or not didn't even factor into the equation at this point in time. He already knew he would obey the commands of a superior. The man brutally murdered a stranger without even the slightest glimmer of hesitation in his eyes, all because a major asked him too. Well, even if the gun were empty, he still had to worry about the gung-ho recruit trying to bashing his skull into bits and pieces like he did with the other victim.

Assuming it was a test, Lumen would have to give it his best go at being an actor. He had to sell himself as being deathly afraid, so he'd pretend to protest and beg like his life depended on it (although there was always the chance that it did). He had no doubts Rowan would pass, but he wanted to demonstrate to General Arnfried that Rowan was able to pull through even in a grim situation like this.

"No...y-you don't have to do this! What are you talking about, General Arnfried? I've done nothing wrong! You can't kill me! Please, Rowan this is crazy! Put the gun down!"
PM
^
Rowan Keith
 Posted: Feb 7 2017, 09:18 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
N/A
N/A
N/A
Member 68
18 Posts

Rowan began to think about the situation, is this the trial he had been given? He had thought how easy of a task this would be. Although, he didn't like the idea of the firearm; he would follow any order given to accomplish his trials. Finally, he grasped the handgun and aimed it towards lumens head.

"I am sorry Major Sensatus, but I have to do this. This trial will lead towards my goals, through my loyalty. Do you have any last words before I end you? Nevermind, I am not going give you any chances to weasel your way out of it."

Suddenly, a small clicking sound came from the firearm, what was this? Of course, it was a trick to see if he would be loyal enough to pull the trigger. Rowan wondered if lumen had felt insulted by his actions. Maybe, if he followed with another tactic they would see his true combat skills.

"So... I see it was only a trick. I have never liked using firearms anyways. Well, I guess it is time to use this technique to finish the job, right?"

Rowan had dropped the firearm and began to walk towards lumen. Before he could strike, he was stopped by the other inquisitors.
PM
^
Lumen
 Posted: Feb 8 2017, 07:22 PM
Quote Post
Members
N/A
N/A
N/A
Member 8
25 Posts
Lumen

Julius was a bit impressed by this outsider's lack of hesitation. Although this was to be expected of new promising recruits, Rowan wasn't in their boat. The vast majority of Inquisitor recruits were handpicked from the roster based on their testing when they applied for the military. What's more, they were only given the opportunity to prove themselves after hours of mental evaluations to deem them worthy. The fact that this man was in the military and hadn't been selected for testing already was a bit baffling to say the least. That said, he was a bit too eager for the General's liking, but everyone had their flaws.

With a snap of his fingers, Julius summoned several Inquisitor agents to surround Rowan and forcefully restrain him. Although he wasn't fond of Lumen in the slightest, the fact remained that he was still a useful asset at this point in time. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on whom one would ask, Lumen would live to see another day.

"That's enough. You've already proven you have the mentality to do what is needed when asked of you. I can tell you thought the gun was loaded."

Julius stepped forward, becoming a boundary between Lumen and Rowan. He peered at Rowan once more, the same stern expression chiseled across his face. This man may have had some of the qualities of an Inquisitor member, but that didn't mean he understood what being a member meant.

"Do you know what the core tenet of Inquisitor is? Peace and justice by any means necessary. Although many people think that order can be maintained through diplomacy and understanding, some of us are far more grounded in reality. There's always going to be chaos and disorder in this world, and it's not defeated so easily. For the sake of balance, we must commit whatever detestable acts are forced upon us to keep chaos and disorder in check. We dirty our hands so the rest of the world parade their sense of diplomacy and morality and sleep easy at night. We Inquisitor agents must sacrifice who we are for the sake of Britannia. Can you really become a murderer for the sake of your country?"

PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Feb 8 2017, 08:07 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

"Easy...easy. You've passed your test. There's no need for so much enthusiasm."

As one of Lumen's hopes came true, another thing he dreaded came to pass. The gun was unloaded, but the dolt took it upon himself to try to prove his abilities in another way. Couldn't he see that he had already passed his second test? With nowhere to run, Lumen wasn't entirely averse to the idea of shooting Rowan to save his own skin. He'd rather get a stern lecture from the General on overuse of force than being tossed around by that brute.

Before Lumen had a chance to proceed with a course of action, several Inquisitor members surrounded and restrained Rowan before he could do anything reckless. Moments later the General stepped forth, dividing the two. With his back facing Lumen, he began to give Rowan a long-winded lecture on Inquisitor's place in the world. Being a member of the organization, Lumen had this speech nailed into his head already; he had heard the address more than enough times.

To be honest, his beliefs did coincide with Inquisitor's, but there were glaring exceptions. Lumen didn't give a damn about preserving the current Britannia. Inquisitor was a step in the right direction, but there was no protecting this damned country as long as they held onto their current ideals. Instead of preservation, Britannia needed reformation. Evil could be destroyed, but only if the entire country was unified as one under the banner of a great leader - a leader that didn't pull any punches. Unfortunately, with the way Britannia was, even Inquisitor wasn't enough to put an end to the BRL nor this death spiral of madness. The enemy was almost like Inquisitor but on a much larger scale.

"One must study to become their enemy to defeat them. From a certain standpoint, you could say we aren't a great deal different from the BRL, but that would be a fallacious observation. The BRL is full of petulant children desperately grasping for a past that no longer exists. Unlike them, Inquisitor fights for a just and righteous cause...even if sometimes we have to do things in our own special way. The question the general asks still stands. Do you have the loyalty to fight for a just cause such as ours?"

Lumen was curious to see what Rowan would say, but at this point he had a good hunch. He would more than likely avow to be a man full of unbridled loyalty to Britannia and swear that he would do anything to prove this. There was no questioning the man's loyalty, however. He had the loyalty to Britannia on par with that of the Knights of the old aristocracy.
PM
^
Rowan Keith
 Posted: Feb 8 2017, 10:15 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
N/A
N/A
N/A
Member 68
18 Posts

Wasn't this a true test of loyalty that Rowan had been given? Why had they questioned his loyalty? Thus, Rowan had become triggered, consumed with rage. How dare they question him about his loyalty; he was willing to murder the person who had brought him into this. Was this not enough proof they needed?

"What is this? I have proven myself loyal already. I do not like being questioned on my loyalty... If I couldn't handle murder, why would I attempt to kill the person who brought me into this??"

Clearly, Rowan had detested individuals who had questioned his loyalty, this was a fact. He had lost control again due to this; Hopefully, his outburst had not upset the inquisitors too severely. He had begun to feel shame for questioning his authorities again.

"I am sorry... I just cannot stand getting questioned about my honor. I will accept any other trial needed to fulfill my initiation. I am prepared to remove anything that gets in the way of our goals, I promise you that."

Rowan was prepared to take on any other tasks needed of him. He hoped they would see by now, that he is ready. Now, the room was quiet after Rowan's outburst and the inquisitors standing close to him. Hopefully, the trial will come to an end soon and he can begin his next mission.
PM
^
Lumen
 Posted: Feb 8 2017, 10:53 PM
Quote Post
Members
N/A
N/A
N/A
Member 8
25 Posts
Lumen

Ordinarily, Julius would be vexed by such blatant disrespect but this man's resolve had slightly moved him. The man didn't seem to revel in killing like the man who had recruited him. Furthermore, it was clear his allegiances were to the organization and not to Lumen. These were both positive attributes, but his tendency to have little outbursts when questioned was definitely a problem. If that could be mended, there would be hope for him yet.

"Only you know the true extent of your loyalty. Although you've gone to lengths to show us thus far, we've yet to see how far you will truly go for the sake Britannia. In any case, I'll accept your apology for your sudden outburst. Be sure not to make a habit of it in my presence."

Although he had just accepted his apology, Julius shot Rowan an icy glare. If looks could kill, the new recruit would be six feet under. He wasn't actually irritated with the young man, but he did not want the him to become complacent. He had only passed a few of the tests; he had far more to prove before he'd be able to brandish the Inquisitor symbol.

"You have one more test before I'll welcome you into the ranks of Inquisitor. Of course, in the mean time I'll be pulling up all of your military records. That way we can see all of your examination results from when you applied to become a member of the military," Julius paused to turn to Lumen before continuing, "Major Sensatus, I'll be placing this recruit under your command for the time being. You were the one who suggested he join after all. I'm going to assign the two of you a rather difficult mission, but if this man is Inquisitor material I'm sure you'll be able to handle it. I will brief you on the details of it later. You are dismissed."

With seemingly nothing more to say, the General crossed his hands behind his back and paced away from the two. For the time being, he had more pressing matters to attend to. He would let this matter figure itself out. Whether Rowan became a member of Inquisitor or not was completely on his shoulders at this point.
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Feb 9 2017, 12:04 AM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

Rowan's response was not outside of his calculations, but it was definitely clumped in with a list of responses Lumen was hoping he wouldn't make. For a second, Lumen was slightly worried about how the general would react to Rowan's outburst of anger. Rowan clearly didn't know whom he was talking to. Although obviously an exaggeration, General Arnfried was rumored to be able to kill a man in over seven hundred ways, and that was just with his bare hands. Rumor or not, the fact stood that Arnfriend wasn't a person to take lightly - enemies who had done so weren't here currently here to lament that mistake.

Fortunately for Rowan, General Arnfried passed off his outrage as if it were nothing more than idle talk. Of course, things may have turned out differently if Rowan didn't swallow his pride and immediately apologize for his blunder. As long as Rowan didn't do anything to put his foot in his mouth, the two of them had a chance of getting out of this with their hides intact.

Soon enough the General shifted his attention to Lumen and began to inform him how things would proceed. So, he was to be in charge of Rowan? Well, Lumen couldn't say he was surprised with this turn of events. He had intended to take Rowan under his wing from the start. Although Julius was watching him like a hawk, he still had full intentions of swaying Rowan's loyalty towards him first and foremost; Lumen would just have to err on the side of caution when manipulating this one.

"Well...it seems as though you've passed the first few tests. The General must see great potential in you, Mr. Keith. I'd take great caution not to squander the chance he's given you if I were you. In any case, we're dismissed. That would mean you are free to go. I'll be contacting you soon, so do stick around."

PM
^
Rowan Keith
 Posted: Feb 12 2017, 06:23 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
N/A
N/A
N/A
Member 68
18 Posts

Rowan had begun a new journey in his quest to obtain his goals. The inquisitor was only a mere step in the right direction to becoming the knight he had dreamed of. Now, he had gained a new mission but this time it was from the inquisitor. He had completed every single mission he had been giving before. What was stopping him from completing this new task?

"I do apologize Major Sensatus for attempting to kill you earlier. I was only trying to prove my worth to the General. It is a pleasure to accompany you on our next task. May I ask what it is?"

Rowan began to wonder the task he had been giving with Lumen. Could it be another task to kill more BRL? Maybe, it was something more complex than he had thought. A simple kill order mission would have been too easy for Rowan and lumen to complete. Hopefully, it was not a Knightmare frame type of mission, Rowan had always been terrible at those. Perhaps, it could be beneficial for Rowan; he had always wanted to increase his skills with Knightmare frames.

"Well... I guess it is on to our next task, right?"
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Anywhere Else | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

DIRECTORIES
RPG-DDistant FantasiesRPG Initiative

AFFILIATES
STATIC
Struggle of SoulsKH: Pieces in ReposeGundam RPGShiva MSTsLunar Eclipse, a post-stars sailor moon rpNTRPFE:ADR BannerThe 100 Role PlayThe Zaraki Rebellion photo htf-affilliate-1.pngNo Noise, No Noise

SCROLLING
SKINNED BY CATHULHU OF RPG-D