Welcome
Links
Staff
Hello, and welcome to Requiem of Geass, a Code Geass RP that takes place ten years after Code Geass R2! Make sure to check out our Plot and Rules if you're interested in registering!
Note: If you plan on creating an OC or a Canon, please create an Out of Character account first that will act as a parent for your sub accounts!

Original Opening Date: September 24, 2009

Stats
Credits
STATISTICS M F Tl
Black Knights 2 4 6
Britannian Military 3 1 4
BRL 1 3 4
Unaligned 2 3 5
Students 4 7 11
Canons 0 1 1
Plot, Templates, Graphics, and Original Content in Banner (c) DiamondDust.
Statistics box (c) Revo of RPG-D.
Viridian Glass skin made by Cathulu of RPG-D.
Mini profile courtesy of Kitten of RPG-D.
The original concept of 'Code Geass', 'Code Geass R.2.' by Gorō Taniguchi, Ichirō Ōkouchi, Sunrise, CLAMP, and Bandai Entertainment.
MOUSE OVER BANNER FOR INFO

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Fun and Games
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 01:52 AM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

Lumen sneered with utter disdain at the large humanoid machine below him. He had been "awarded" the opportunity to oversee the maintenance and even provide upgrades for General Arnfried's personal Lancelot Renacer. In Lumen's eyes this was no means an opportunity for advancement - in fact, this was nothing short of relegation. He was far above tinkering with some mass production unit laying around base, even if it was a high echelon general model. Besides, he had no involvement with the scientific division of Britannia, and for the current moment his Knightmare frame research was privately funded. Evidently, Inquisitor had done their homework on his skillset.

"The power reading output readings are green. We're operating at 99.46% of the predicted increase we expected the upgrades to provide. It looks like everything is a success. General Arnfried will be pleased to hear this news, Major Sensatus. I'm sure you'll be well rewarded for your time spent."

"Hmm...an ostensible success by all means. Then again, I suppose it's no surprise with a man such as myself at the helm of this operation. However, I must wonder why one such as myself would be tapped for a trifling matter like this. After all, I'm not even a member of a scientific division. I digress, as it hardly matters at this point. In any case, like I said: it's an ostensible success. I'll settle for nothing less than us achieving 100% of the increase I projected. We'll remain here til we are finished."

It had been a long time since Lumen had worked on Knightmares as part of a team, if one could even call it that. The only scientific teammate he had was long gone and he would never accept a replacement for him. This was the very reason he had worked on Knightmare frames alone and never went into the military's technology division.

Speaking of teammates, he had caught wind of a rumor that his esteemed partner was somewhere on base. She had made quite the name for herself, being one of the few members of the militay to infiltrate the BRL and make it out with her life. It was no wonder he had such an intense interest in her. She was a prim and proper soldier by all means, and one of the few who had yet to disappoint him.

Lumen was snapped out of his rumination by the sliding of a mechanical door behind him. Had somebody been sent to check on his progress? In any case, he'd be sure to let them know about his displeasure of being assigned to such a belittling task.
PM
^
Lucetta Velius
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 02:42 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Cake Loving Narcissist
Private
Member 15
29 Posts

A few murmurs surrounded Lucetta Velius as she traveled through the hallways of the base. She would have to return to Shikine island soon, so she was to relax, receive her next orders, and be off by the start of the week. For some reason, there had always seemed to be a buzz around her whenever she stepped outside her room. She didn't fancy the idea of everyone knowing just who she was. After all, there could be someone just like her, wandering the halls of an enemy base, disguised as one of their own. Even so, she wouldn't let such a thing keep her confined to her room. She did enough of that on Shikine Island.

Turning down another corridor, she noticed a group of younger looking soldiers huddled up in a corner. Judging from their clothing, they were likely a bunch of new recruits that had just gotten out of combat practice. She pretended to gaze out of a window nearby as she eavesdropped on their conversation. Not a noblest of skills she's picked up, but a skill nonetheless. It helped that the group had been squealing as loud as a group of school girls.

"Dude! I can't believe you snuck this on base! Lets go have some fun guys!" shouted the ringleader of the group.

In unison, the men cheered and threw their fists into the air. Lucetta grew more and more curious as to what the man had been referring to. She used her peripheral vision and quickly spied one clear glass bottle, and another one that was brown in color. Although not extremely large, she figured that security had made a serious blunder for not catching these boys and confiscating their belongings. That was clearly two bottles of alcohol, which was obviously prohibited on base. Or maybe no one cared? Wouldn't be surprising considering what military faction this was, after all.

Lucetta had no experience with the sort, having no friends to share a drink with. It was then that a devious idea had popped into her mind. She didn't have a friend yet, but she did have a partner who could teach her the ropes with this sort of thing. Dropping her window gazing ruse, she strutted over to the group and snatched the two bottles from the men.

"Okay boys, I heard everything. I'm a member of Inquisitor, and this is against article C section 132 of the code book. Now, I'm going to have to confiscate this or i'll be going against section 187. No hard feelings, right?"

Grumbling, the recruits handed over the two bottles to her and shuffled away. Lucetta was shocked at how little resistance they had offered her. She watched as the leader of the bunch slapped the alcohol smuggler over the back of the head as if the whole thing was entirely his fault. Boys like that shouldn't be in a place like this. She shrugged, feeling that it wasn't her place to decide such a things. She didn't know what they had been through.

Now, it was time to find her partner in crime. From what she'd heard prior, he had been working on the General's knightmare frame for quite some time. Once arriving at the hanger, she confirmed this information to accurate. Her gaze shifted from the head of white hair in front of her, to the tall machine towering over the pair. So this was something she could potentially pilot in the near future? She'd had some training, but nothing that would qualify her to operation a machine of this skill level. Hell, she wondered if she was qualified to operate any knightmare frame at this point. The thought of it terrified her slightly. It was something she had never revealed to anyone.

"Looks like you're having a lot of fun, huh? Look what I got for you!"

She held up the two bottles of alcohol. One appearing to be possibly vodka, and she wasn't quite sure what the brown one was.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 06:16 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

Lumen eyed Lucetta with a slightly perplexed grin plastered across his face. He had thought her to be a by the book soldier, so this carefree side of her was a bit surprising. That said, he was a bit disappointed she was blithely going about base with alcohol in her possession. Didn't she realize that was against the rules? Not only that, she was trying to offer it to him; did she honestly believe he'd do something so shameful? Still...this was a friendly side of her he hadn't experienced yet. Perhaps if he indulged her in her request he could get on her good side.

Fortunately those below him near the Knightmare frame's testing bay could not see nor hear Lucetta. For now he would have to get rid of them, lest the two of them get reported and have their hides skinned by the general.

"On second thought, I suppose we are finished for now. You are all free to retreat to your personal quarters for the time being. I will summon you when I feel it is appropriate to continue our work."

Not one member of the group had any protests. They were all clearly worn to the point of exhaustion. Lumen had extremely high demands and expectations of the subordinates assigned to him, so being awarded this period of respite was a miracle for them. They quickly snatched the opportunity for a break and politely saw themselves out.

"Miss Velius, aren't you aware that you are in violation of Article C section 132. I'm sure you're well aware that I'd be going against section 187 of the code book if I didn't confiscate that contraband."

He was wondering whether Lucetta had actually smuggled alcohol onto base. He would never paint her as the type to do something like that. Besides, he couldn't picture her as a Vodka nor a Whiskey drinker. If anything, he figured she'd drink something more refined. He was more familiar with those types of alcohol what with his father being a celebratory man. Not only did the man have a penchant for a cigar after a successful experiment, he also preferred a few shots on the side. Although he didn't consider the act as reprehensible as smoking, it wasn't an something he exactly fancied.

"As a Major of the Britannian Military, I cannot let this transgression slide. Well, at least that's what I'd say if I took this job as seriously as some of the others. That said, I'm not a man to engage in self-destructive habits such as drinking. However, I suppose a little debauchery from time to time never hurt anybody."

In actuality he wasn't just familiar with the different types of alcohol; he was no stranger to the bottle himself. His father wasn't exactly a role model in all aspects, often pushing him to have a shot or two so he didn't have to drink alone. Because of this, Lumen discovered he had quite the high tolerance for the stuff. It wasn't a talent he was exactly proud of, but it was a small quirk of his.

"Just this once I suppose we can have a drink together as a toast to a hopeful future together as partners. I do have to say, I'm not exactly a fan of drinking straight from the bottle. Shot glasses would be far more preferrable. Regrettably, I doubt there are any shot glasses on the base short of the General's personal quarters. However, one would have to be bereft of any sense to sneak in there and try to take them," Lumen let out a small sigh before continuing, "Well if must do this, hand me the whiskey."
PM
^
Lucetta Velius
 Posted: Mar 14 2017, 04:53 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Cake Loving Narcissist
Private
Member 15
29 Posts

Lucetta couldn't help but let out an uproarious laugh after hearing Lumen repeat the very thing she'd just told the group of boys just a few moments earlier. Something about this pompous man always seemed to bring some form of amusement to her. She placed her hands up, showing her innocence. She watched as he dismissed the remainder of the staff, leaving just the two of them and two bottles of alcohol.

"I'll have you know that I haven't sullied the name of Inquisitor by smuggling in contraband. I take pride in my job, and have successfully acquired that from a group of young recruits and reprimanded them accordingly. I'm merely turning it in to my superior officer, per the code book."

The prim and proper Major Sensatus had agreed to have a drink? Lucetta, though obviously amused, was surprised that he hadn't turned her away. It wasn't until he mentioned it that Lucetta realized she didn't have any shot glasses along with her. She glanced down at the bottle of brown spirits before handing it to its new owner. That meant she would be left with the clear one.

"I'll have you know, I have zero experience with this sort of thing. Ah, the perks of disliking people and having no friends. We work well as a duo, I'm pretty sure we could sneak in there and grab those glasses if we really wanted. But alas, I feel eager to see what this actually tastes like. Well, cheers to our past victories and future endeavors."

The moment she twisted the cap off the bottle, the smell of strong alcohol invaded her nostrils. She winced and found herself wondering whether or not she should take a sip after all. It's not like she had anything to lose by trying it. Lucetta hesitantly put the bottle to her lips and took a gulp of the most unpleasant substance to ever grace her taste buds. The liquid felt as if it evaporated as soon as it hit her tongue. She had swallowed way too much at once, and began to cough rather violently.

Did i just drink rubbing alcohol?! What the hell was that?!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Mar 14 2017, 06:15 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

Lumen cracked an amused grin in response to Lucetta's comment. If somebody were to say Lucetta didn't have a sense of humor, he'd be the first to call them a liar. Well, at least the she didn't violate Article C section 131, because she hadn't smuggled alcohol in - she swiped it off of somebody else. As for 132, the sly girl offered up another loophole in response.

"An ideal soldier as always, Miss Velius. I'll commend you on a job well done of rounding up this contraband. Unfortunately, I'll have to ask that you help me dispose of it appropriately."

Lumen was slightly bewildered at Luce's suggestion, even if it was just a passing comment. Naturally he'd assume it was just the alcohol, but she hadn't even taken a shot. Did she just put that much stock into their combined abilities? He was flattered that she thought so highly of their teamwork, but he wasn't going to test his luck against General Arnfried...at least not yet.

Lumen's bemused grin abruptly broke into a solemn frown as he glowered at Lucett and began to speak, "Careful there, Miss Velius. That comment about sneaking into the General's office to steal some shot glasses sounds like you intend to violate a great number of regulations in the code book. I never pictured you as the insubordinate type," Lumen silenced himself as his glower reverted back to his trademark grin and he began to chuckle out another earful, "I'm merely tossing out some playful banter, of course. A toast to a fruitful partnership between us".

In any case, Lumen was slightly surprised that Lucetta had never once indulged herself with a drink. She was past the legal age of course, and he definitely pinned her the drinking type. Lucetta appeared the type of person that would bottle her stress silently, releasing it all with a drink or two in her lonesome time. The fact she never once had a drink, let alone a drink with another person, was almost sort of...sad.

"Well, I must say, Lucetta, drinking Vodka straight out of the bottle is a rather extreme way to begin your relationship with alcohol. If It were up to me, I'd much rather you start with a small glass of fine wine. Alas, we have what we have. I do implore you to drink responsibly.

Lumen managed to stifle the bout of laughter that overcame him as he eagerly watched Lucetta's reaction to the drink. After a violent fit of coughing, Lucetta regained enough of her senses to look down at the bottle in hand as if it were some type of poison."

"Oh, pardon me, I may have forgot to mention. Some alcohols do have a rather...overwhelming taste.

Lumen cracked open the bottle of his whiskey and took a swig before setting it aside and wiping off the small amount trailing down the side of his face. He looked down at the bottle labeled "Jim Daniels." It wasn't too bad to be honest.

"Well, this isn't too bad. You're free to have a drink if you like. If you're worried about drinking after another person, I can assure you that the alcohol produces a sterilizing effect to some extent.
PM
^
Lucetta Velius
 Posted: Mar 17 2017, 09:28 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Cake Loving Narcissist
Private
Member 15
29 Posts

Lucetta regained her composure and unwisely decided to take another swig from her bottle. It still didn't taste great, but at least she expected the flavor. She nodded in agreement with Lumen's words. Of course this wasn't the most efficient way of dabbling into the world of alcohol, but it was the first real chance she'd gotten. She watched as Lumen drank the contents of the brown tinted bottle with little effort. So this man wasn't so stiff after all. Not to be outdone by her superior, she once again tilted the bottle and drank as much as she could tolerate. She wasn't sure if it was because she drank too much, too fast, but Lucetta felt as if the room had slightly swayed a bit. She was barely able to register Lumen's offer for her to sample the contents of his "Jim Daniels" drink. She scrunched her face briefly before reaching for the bottle.

"Indirect kisses are a no-no. You better not have any cooties, Grandpa." she mumbled, stating whatever rolled through her mind first.

Even so, she grabbed the bottle from his hands and pressed the bottle to her lips with haste. Somehow, this one tasted worse to her than the clear liquor. Not only had the flavor been subpar, but Lucetta felt as if her throat had caught on fire. The heat moved slowly down her throat and to the pit of her stomach. She swiftly handed the bottle back to her accomplice and took another swig of vodka. The room felt as if it had shifted again, causing Lucetta's body to lean over and bump into Lumen. Not only that, but it felt as if the temperature around her had been increasing dramatically. Startled by the sudden bump and feeling much warmer than when she'd gotten there, she jolted up and began removing her uniform jacket. Thankfully, she had put on a black tank top rather than the white crew neck shirt she was supposed to be wearing underneath.

"Is it just me, or is it getting hotter and hotter in here? And hey, when did you scoot so close to me? It's too hot for all of that."

She smacked her lips in annoyance and continued on with her drinking. The more she drank, the less the flavor began to bother her. Not only that, but her body felt as light as a feather. She placed her bottle of vodka on the floor and attempted to gain her footing.

"Lumen, I say we play a game. I want to see if this tastes any better in those shot glasses. Letsssssssssssssssssssssssss see if we can sneak into the General's quarters and steal those shot glasses you mentioned before." she declared, her words slurring the longer she went on.

Without even waiting for his reply, she began to head for the doorway. As she moved, the room had swayed in a similar fashion as when she'd been sitting. She didn't exactly hate the feeling, but wished she could see straight enough to reach her destination.

"Hey, are you coming or no-WHOA!"

Her sense of gravity was completely thrown off with that last step, causing her to flail her arms and fall backward.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Mar 18 2017, 01:49 AM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

Once again, Lumen could only offer a self-satisfied grin in response to Luce's attempt to amp up the situation and take it upon herself to make their drinking session as a competition. Although, he wasn't sure if this was the best time for her competitive side to surface; the last thing he wanted was a drunken Luce staggering around the base.

Lumen was snapped out of his contemplation by a snide joke uttered from his partner. Tipsy or not, this woman did seem to like nitpicking at him, if not only to spur up a reaction from him - one she likely wouldn't get. This time, however, he'd pass it off as the alcohol speaking and let her go...for the most part.

"My my Miss Velius, what an astute observation you've made, but I'll have you know that my hair is white not gray. Shall I credit that mistake to you being colorblind or just a drunkard?"

As Lucetta brusquely shoved the bottle of whiskey back into his hand and took another swig of vodka, the full brunt of Lumen's worries returned. Lucetta ignored his suggestions and instead kicked moderation and responsibility to the curb; this much was evident by the reek of alcohol he smelled as she lurched towards him. Before Lumen could address his concerns to her, Lucetta snapped out of her dazed stupor and jolted forward.

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on whom one might ask, Lucetta started removing her clothing. She wasn't actually going to change with him present, was she? Instinctively, Lumen averted his gaze from Lucetta as a small tinge of red graced his cheeks. A quick glance backwards confirmed his worries were for nothing as she was just removing her jacket. Still, one could never be too careful with drunk people.

"Miss Velius, I really wish you'd give me prior warning before just removing your clothing so suddenly. I apologize if I am coming off as a prude but one can never be too careful around alcohol."

Startled, Lumen's eyes widened in shock at how ridiculous the suggestion Lucetta gave him between slurs was. How drunk was this girl? Her plan was just...asinine. Like before, she took off before he could voice his protests.

Unsurprisingly, the girl didn't make it that far between drunken steps before she lost her sense of balance and came careening backwards on a quick path to the ground. Instead of booking a trip with the ambulance, Lucetta fell back into a pair of hands that steadied her in place: Lumen's hands to be exact. Fortunately for the two of them, Lumen managed to cross the room and catch her in the nick of time, something even he was surprised of.

Silence feeling the room for a brief moment, Lumen felt prompted to speak, "Please be more careful next time, Miss Velius. I'd be deeply saddened if you were to get harmed."

PM
^
Lucetta Velius
 Posted: Mar 21 2017, 04:51 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Cake Loving Narcissist
Private
Member 15
29 Posts

Lucetta could feel a pair of hands grasp her before she could tumble to the floor. Even in her current state, the action threw her completely off guard. The feeling of someone touching her was foreign enough, but the fact she had so much skin exposed with the tank top really caused her to brush away Lumen's hands in annoyance. It wasn't as if she had been mysophobic, not in the slightest. However, unbeknownst to her, she had been slowly tipping forward after swatting away her savior's help.

"Thanks for your assistance, but i'm fi-"

WHAM! Her temple rammed directly into the door frame before her. The collision caused her to shriek in pain and rub her sore noggin in fury. She soon redirected that fury to the man looming over her.

"Oh, so you didn't catch me that time, huh? HUH?! What good are you, four eyes? I-I-I-I bring youuuuu these two bottles and you can't even stop this wall from trying to kill meee?! I'd be fucking screwed in an actual battle in... in... one of THOSE!" she screeched dramatically, pointing back at the knightmare frame Lumen had been working on previously.

Seemingly ignoring her prior pain, she hobbled over to the towering machinery, removed each of her boots, and proceeded to toss them at the knightmare frame.

"Stupid machines! My father! My father probably di-"

She paused, thoughts of her father flowing through her mind. Had he met his end due to one of these machines? It was extremely likely. Britannia always flaunted their superior technology when it came to conquering new territories. And here she was, amongst their ranks. Same uniform and the same country who had ruined her life. Tears welling up in her eyes, she began undoing her skirt.

"This uniform, I don't want to wear it...this filthy uniformmm!"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Mar 24 2017, 12:47 AM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

(A/N: I put a lot more work into this post than usual as I feel it is a crucial post to Lumen's character development.)

As Lucetta fought her way out of Lumen's grasp, Lumen slightly loosened his hold which in turn caused her to go tumbling forward into nearby door frame, smacking her forehead off of its corner. Letting loose a rather loud yelp of pain, she soon directed her gaze towards Lumen, shooting daggers at him as if he were the source of her newfound bruise.

After hurling insults at him in her drunken madness, she took a sudden change of direction and pointed an incriminating finger toward the Knightmare behind him. The injury that afflicted her so much pain seemingly no longer existed as she hazardously staggered across the lab towards the Knightmare frame he had been working on. Surprisingly, or unsurprisingly given her intoxicated state, she removed her boots and started chucking them at the machine in sheer disgust at the machine's existence.

What would have been an entertaining situation turned quite dour in a matter of seconds as Lucetta uttered something before quickly cutting her words short. What she said was enough: she thought her father was killed in that war. Although she may have told him she believed her father was alive in the past, it was more than likely just a way to cope with his disappearance. In a state like she was in - that was when the true feelings came out.

She struggled to maintain her composure, but to no avail as the downpour of tears came showering down her cheeks. Despite the fact that he was a callous man - No, despite everything that had happened, he couldn't help but feel somewhat responsible for the mess in front of him. It was his blood...it was the very same blood running through his veins that damned Lucetta to a life without a father. He thought he had come to term with the royal family's sins in the past, but now one of those sins was facing him head on.

Be it the old aristocracy that now fueled the BRL was primarily responsible for Lucetta's sorry state, his attachment to the royal family could not be denied. He was guilty by association, and for one of the first few times in his life that guilt truly got the best of him. He knew exactly how she felt; it was like staring in a mirror just looking at her grieve over her father.

"Forgive me...Lucetta," Lumen muttered quietly.

Amidst the rainstorm of tears, the girl screamed out her detestation for the outfit she was wearing; it was probably similar to the very one that caused her so much agony. As she attempted to tear her skirt off in a fit of anger, Lumen rushed to her, grabbing her hands with a firm but somewhat reassuring grasp.

"I'm sorry, Lucetta. I'm truly sorry for every feeling that must plague your mind every passing second of your life. I'm well acquainted with every single one of those feelings, down to the very last shred of sorrow that must haunt your dreams. You and I are birds of a feather...losing our precious ones to a merciless world that cares not of our pain."

Lumen closed his eyes, desperately trying to gain his composure along with his control over the tenuous situation. This was way out of character for him. He was never the type of person to console a crying woman, but this time it was different. Despite the fact that they fought to destroy the very same thing that took both of their fathers, he felt so very responsible for this unfortunate turn of events. This was his cross to bear.

"Not just for me, but for everybody who has ever lost a precious one to that damned aristocracy of old, I'm going to destroy the Britannian Restoration League. I'm going to create a world where a kid never has to see their parents taken from them ever again."

Perhaps the entire situation was too uncannily familiar to his own, but something changed in him for that moment in time. The words slipped out, far beyond his control. What he was saying, it wasn't him at all. He wasn't sure who he was at the moment, but whoever it was, he shared their sentiments.
PM
^
Lucetta Velius
 Posted: Apr 1 2017, 01:51 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Cake Loving Narcissist
Private
Member 15
29 Posts

Lumen's words of consolement did little to slow the flow of tears streaming down Lucetta's face. If anything, it caused her to sob more and more uncontrollably. Who was he to say sorry in the place of those who ruined her life? Nevertheless, she squeezed his hands tightly, rivaling the strong grip Lumen had on her. For a moment, she felt as if she'd been crying in her mother's grasp back in Paris. The howling of screams filling the streets, sirens blaring, the heavy sounds of machinery, and explosions filled Lucetta's ears as she sobbed in her mother's arms. In the distance, she could see her father rushing ahead toward a bulky knightmare frame, armed only with a single rifle. Tears streaming down her face, she screamed for her father as his back grew more and more distant. Tapping into her maternal instincts, Lucetta's mother scooped up her daughter and began rushing toward one of the many civilian evacuation hubs set up nearby. Lucetta reached out her hand toward her father, who had become nothing more than a silhouette in the distance.

The sudden emotions bubbling from inside her caused her to tremble rather violently. A memory she'd forgotten, brought to the surface with the help of liquid courage. It faded away just as quickly as it'd come, and in an instant, she was brought back to the her cold reality.

"Papa, s'il te plaît ne me laisse pas! Non! Papaaa! You can't be dead!" she wailed, her cries echoing throughout the room.

Her sobbing finally ceased after a few moments and she slowly let go of Lumen's hands. For the first time in a long while, her mind had felt so clear. Lumen's words didn't fly through one ear and out of the other. Their goals were one in the same, the destruction of the Britannian Restoration League. Never has she felt more committed to the cause. Although time is what usually causes those to sober, she felt as if her drowsy, dream like state had already began to fade away.

"I'm sorry for all of this. This is a side that I didn't want anyone to see, after all. A world where no kid has their parents taken away? A world where a kid isn't forced to become a soldier, to grow up sooner than they have to. While I feel creating such a world would be next to impossible, I'm willing to assist you in what someone looking in from the outside would view as an unattainable goal."

Lucetta held out her hand, motioning for her partner to shake it. For the first time, she felt as if someone had understood her pain. Even her own mother had seemed to cope with the loss and tried her best to move on. Lucetta, however, decided to never give up on finding the truth and getting her revenge.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Apr 1 2017, 04:39 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

Lucetta's whimpers soon exploded into fully-fledged wails of misery as she mourned the loss of her father in her native tongue. It was often said that many people reverted to their former roots when they were at their most emotional state, and Lucetta was only proof of this. With all of her so feelings of misery now dredged to the surface, Lucetta's sobbing soon ceased along with the tears trickling down her face.

As she regained her composure, she parted from Lumen, seemingly an entirely different person from the drunken mess he had dealt with not long ago. With tear-stained eyes, she held out a hopeful hand to shake Lumen's. During this time a hoard of thoughts raced throughout the young man's head. Was his brief moment of emotional weakness soon now a trump card? He had spoke with his heart there rather than his brain, something that was rare for him. Her camaraderie was certainly valuable - in fact enough to ordinarily make him ecstatic, but he couldn't accept it just yet.

"The old aristocracy that took your father, they're now the very kindling that serves to fuel the Britannian Restoration League. I can understand why you wish for their demise, but to precipitously offer to become my comrade on the path that I follow, that I'm not sure you fully realize the weight of. As altruistic as my goal may seem, there will be much blood shed in order to obtain it. I feel as though I should elucidate...although perhaps at a later time."

As much as it pained him to reject her offer, he had to. She didn't realize just what he intended to do and he couldn't have the girl going into this blind. He needed her fully committed to the plan, to be able to do anything in order to accomplish those goals. This wasn't a complete failure, however. He made a lot of progress today and they definitely connected on a level that showed they had promise to work as a team.

Lumen clasped both of his hands around hers, gently pushing her extended hand back. A wry smile plasted upon his face, he walked past the girl towards to exit of the lab. With his back facing her, it was hard to make out what was going on with the bespectacled man.

"Don't be mistaken, Lucetta. I want you on my side more than anything, but only if you're fully committed to My cause. If you go into this oblivious to the truth, you'll most definitely fail. I'll accept you as my comrade in this endeavor when I inform you the lengths I will go to the enact this plan, of course assuming you still have the willpower to forge through on that path. Meet me upon the rooftop tonight at 10:00PM."

Lumen near-exited the room before freezing in place, he stopped to say one more thing, ""The General, I lied to him by fabricating a story that you couldn't pinpoint the exact location of the base. I told him they transported the rank and file back and forth blindfolded to keep the base's location a secret to all but the high brass. I imagine that if you were to report me, I'd be executed for high treason. That said, I exhort you to consider one thing: if the Britannian cabinet is infiltrated by the BRL, then the military passing this information along to them will only tip the enemy off. For that reason alone it is best to keep this a secret for the time being. Don't worry, I will ensure this information is put to good use."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | The Beautiful Homeland | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

DIRECTORIES
RPG-DDistant FantasiesRPG Initiative

AFFILIATES
STATIC
Struggle of SoulsKH: Pieces in ReposeGundam RPGShiva MSTsLunar Eclipse, a post-stars sailor moon rpNTRPFE:ADR BannerThe 100 Role PlayThe Zaraki Rebellion photo htf-affilliate-1.pngNo Noise, No Noise

SCROLLING
SKINNED BY CATHULHU OF RPG-D