Note: If you plan on creating an OC or a Canon, please create an Out of Character account first that will act as a parent for your sub accounts!
Original Opening Date: September 24, 2009
Statistics box (c) Revo of RPG-D.
Viridian Glass skin made by Cathulu of RPG-D.
Mini profile courtesy of Kitten of RPG-D.
The original concept of 'Code Geass', 'Code Geass R.2.' by Gorō Taniguchi, Ichirō Ōkouchi, Sunrise, CLAMP, and Bandai Entertainment.
|Home||Help Search Members Calendar Shoutbox|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
Posted: Apr 26 2015, 11:12 AM
While we here at the Requiem consider ourselves to be a rather laid back and chill community, we still have some rules for everyone to follow to help hopefully ensure everyone that roleplays on this site has an enjoyable experience.
1. While we do not have a word count here at the Requiem, we still prefer your posts to be more than a couple of sentences long. It's all about giving the other person something to work with. Of course, just because your post is long doesn't mean you're given a thumbs up. Remember, you still have to give the other person something to work with!
2. Godmodding and powerplaying are strictly disallowed.
Godmodding, in a general sense of the term, is RPing so your character/s always come out on top. Godmodders never want their character to take damage, yet have no qualms killing others in a single post, or even a single sentence! Every ten seconds, they have a new power, yet not a single weakness. Basically, any time they RP, anything they do is totally one-sided in their favor. They can even go so far as to actually move another person's character!
Needless to say, this type of RPer isn't very fun to play with.
In case my admittedly weak description of godmodding and powerplaying weren't clear enough, take a look at this handy article.
Power-playing is more geared toward the narrative aspects of RPing. Power-player's characters claim to know everything, including information about characters they've never met or at the very least, people they should know nothing about. They attempt to use this to their advantage by RPing (i.e. using the fact that someone's mother is dead to torment that character.) Like Godmodders, Power-players bend the rules to their advantage, ruining the fun for everyone!
And a nice article on powerplaying: http://www.themarysue.com/power-playing-ad...to-fic-writers/
3. Though we here at the Requiem would certainly hate to rain on your ideal characters, please try not to make any 'Mary Sue' or 'Gary Stu' characters. While this board obviously hosts a fantasy setting, and while we encourage original and interesting characters, it's also not hard for some people to go...a little overboard. Their characters have no weaknesses or any personality flaws. This is made even worse when someone like that happens to have a tragic backstory!
We're not asking you to make an underpowered, dull, and worthless character. We simply ask that you try to make your character as realistic as possible.
A nice article detailing exactly what a 'Mary Sue' is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue
If we believe your character is approaching 'Mary Sue' territory, we will politely warn you and ask you to change any offending aspects.
4. Killing or gravely injuring other character is prohibited unless you have the consent of the other player.
5. Please do not post as any of your characters in Out of Character threads. That's what your main account is for.
6. Please refrain from posting any extremely graphic or sexual acts in your posting. Shooting a guy is okay, but ripping a guy in half or describing an act of sex in complete detail is forbidden. We're trying to run a clean ship around here is all.
7. If you're going to take a Canon, make sure to adhere to their personality for the most part. Characters that were know for not hurting a fly shouldn't suddenly go on a rampage for instance. Basically, they shouldn't be used to act out your fantasies or anything of the sort.