Welcome
Links
Staff
Hello, and welcome to Requiem of Geass, a Code Geass RP that takes place ten years after Code Geass R2! Make sure to check out our Plot and Rules if you're interested in registering!
Note: If you plan on creating an OC or a Canon, please create an Out of Character account first that will act as a parent for your sub accounts!

Original Opening Date: September 24, 2009

Stats
Credits
STATISTICS M F Tl
Black Knights 2 4 6
Britannian Military 3 1 4
BRL 1 3 4
Unaligned 2 3 5
Students 4 7 11
Canons 0 1 1
Plot, Templates, Graphics, and Original Content in Banner (c) DiamondDust.
Statistics box (c) Revo of RPG-D.
Viridian Glass skin made by Cathulu of RPG-D.
Mini profile courtesy of Kitten of RPG-D.
The original concept of 'Code Geass', 'Code Geass R.2.' by Gorō Taniguchi, Ichirō Ōkouchi, Sunrise, CLAMP, and Bandai Entertainment.
MOUSE OVER BANNER FOR INFO

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

» Show and tell
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 05:57 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

Lumen gazed upon the joint work of him and his late father: The LK-01: Seraphim. He had finally reached the point in development where it was suitable to display the machine to the public as a beta model. A complacent grin was situated right across his face as he scrutinized over the features his creation.

"What do you think father? It's nearing completion."

Lumen had traveled all the way from Britannia to Japan just to attend this Knightmare frame conference. Many famous scientists from across the world were attending, but many didn't receive the chance to bring their own creations; It was an arduous task to obtain all of the permits necessary to transfer a Knightmare frame across sea. What's more, it wasn't exactly a breeze to get a weapon through Japanese customs, but it was more than worth it. After all, this was the first knightmare frame to be displayed by Sensatus Labs in years. Many had wrongfully assumed the lab to be defunct after the passing of his father, but Lumen continued to forge ahead in his steed.

Truth be told, Lumen had no real interest in showing off his works to the rest of the scientific community, but this was what his father lived for. As a child, Thomas had often brought his works to conferences whilst Lumen tagged along. As young as he was back then, Lumen could clearly see the fiery passion that burned in his father's eyes. The man had a true love for the trade. At the very least, this would be a way of honoring his late father's memory.

Although most attending probably thought the Seraphim was merely a demonstration unit meant to show off scientific breakthroughs, they weren't entirely correct. At one point in time, that may have been the machine's intent - back when Thomas was the head of it's design. Lumen had warped his father's artistic vision to mesh better with his own ideals. This Knightmare frame was meant for killing. In fact, it was only but the first in a series of Knightmare frames being worked on by the white-haired scientist - all of them were intended for slaying BRL members.

This one in particular was the furthest along. In it's current unfinished state, it was already more than capable of taking on the upper echelon frames currently on the field. Unfortunately for Lumen, the Britannian Military wasn't too keen on the idea of allowing him to test it on the field of battle. He still hadn't the necessary clearances to pilot such a machine, likely because he hadn't amassed enough trust from his superiors yet. Despite it's power and performance, the machine was...unrefined. The Luminous system this machine incorporated wasn't entirely perfected as of yet. Even so, The Seraphim was a truly interesting machine. It was the only known Knightmare frame by the public to be able to actually incorporate and weaponize photon energy.

PM
^
Luna
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 06:17 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Soldier/Scientist
Recruit
Member 65
32 Posts
Luna
Eccentric Manipulator

Luna Earnshaw sighed as she stood at her small stall in the knightmare frame conference, pages upon pages of designs, scribbled theory notes and schematics for knightmare frames were pinned to a board on the wall behind her, each one detailing the ins and outs of knightmare concepts that she had created over the years, almost of all them had military applications but if one looked close enough they would note a distinct lack of close combat oriented knightmare frames within the designs and scale models she had on display, all of them were either general ranged fighters, sniper/assassin or artillery battery knightmares that she had created. "It's a mess...but It's a mess I created..." she muttered to herself as a few uninterested looking scientists browsed her stall before walking off, muttering something about 'Childish doodles' which annoyed her greatly, although this was made better by the fact that she caught their names in the conversation they were having and had noted it down. "I'll have sol check our intel, I bet they're britannian" she said to herself before looking at a large ractor-looking device connected to a hadron cannon. It was Luna's pride and joy, her magnun opus, as one might say. She had managed to create a device that could (In theory) increase the power output of knightmare frame waponry exponentially with minimal damage to the machine itself. Of course it was mostly theoretical as the device had only been field tested once, but the one field test was successful and Luna hoped that the BRL science team she was working with gave her additional resources to work with, if that happened the device could even go into mass production.

"Let's not get our hopes up anyway..." She said to herself before walking away from her stall to quickly get some food and refreshments as the slender girl was rather hungry and her throat had that dry raspy feel that one gets when breathing in arid air. It was not a pleasant feeling. The girl took her clipboard with her as she did everywhere, currently it already have two pages worth of notes on it. Names, sketches of things that she had seen and hurriedly copied theory notes of other scientists that she could incorporate into her own designs, along with a long list of names for her twin, Sol, to search up in the BRL databases and see if anything interesting came up.

"Now, where the hell are those drinks?"
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 06:47 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

Lumen sauntered away from his display as another group of scientists gathered around his Knightmare, likely trying to glean whatever data they could incorporate into their own designs. To be frank, Lumen was curious to see what they could make use of out of his designs. He wasn't one for following the conventional method of Knightmare frame designs, being a maverick by his own right. In terms of tech, his machine certainly strayed away from the norm. If they could adopt anything he incorporated, he'd certainly be impressed.

"So this is the work of the Sensatus progeny? I'll be the judge of whether this machine has any merit or not."

He ignored the comment he heard behind him and continued on his way. Disdain was to be expected in this community. In fact, Lumen felt many eyes peering upon him as he passed through the convention center. He was a great deal younger than most of the scientists here, and this field wasn't exactly welcoming to up and coming scientists. Those two facts alone were enough to alienate him from the rest of people here. Most of the other scientists here were more than prepared to give them the full brunt of their scorn and ridicule if they could find the smallest reason to. The fact that he didn't feel the need to prove anything to them probably only served to further anger them.

As Lumen approached the food courts, he accidentally bumped shoulders with a passerby, knocking a clipboard out of her hand.

"My apologies. Please forgive me for lack of awareness."

Diverting his attention to the clipboard in question, he soon noticed that all sorts of interesting tidbits were scrawled throughout the contents of the papers in it: Knightmare frame designs, theories, sketches, and even names of some of the scientists attending. As Lumen glanced up, he noticed the owner of the clipboard was someone quite close to his own age. He was surprised to see another person his age here, let alone somebody with similar interests. Lumen reached down and picked up the clipboard, handing it to her whilst flashing her a small smile.

"Seems like you're eager to learn. Odd to run into somebody of my age group with similar interests - especially in such an unwelcoming place like this. Ah, I'm getting too far ahead of myself. My name's Lumen Sensatus, and you are?"
PM
^
Luna
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 07:06 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Soldier/Scientist
Recruit
Member 65
32 Posts
Luna
Eccentric Manipulator

"What the-?" Luna exclaimed as she was knocked into by someone else who was walking around the convention. The girl was about to berate him for knocking into her before she noticed that the person who had knocked into her had her clipboard. The girl quickly took it from his hands and neatened the pages, making sure that none of the writing was visible as she held it close to her chest. "It's...It's fine..." she said before he went on to talk some more, asking her name. "I am Luna Earnshaw...you might have heard of my father, Phillip Earnshaw?" The girl said while noting down the name given by Lumen, more data for Sol to check. He looked as if he was Britannian to her, and with a name like that she was almost certain.

While the fact that someone had seen her clipboard meeting someone of her own age group was...refreshing, a welcome break from the numerous old and balding scientists that made up the majority of the Conference. "I...I take it you're...you're here to show off something you've made...a knightmare...?" Luna said, speaking slowly and awkwardly. She never really spoke to anyone and this was a first, it was almost as if her brain had an aversion to the act as she felt very uncomfortable. As a few other scientist passed in conversation Luna noted down more names, and even took a second to sketch a weapon design that she could just about see behind Lumen. She was in a figurative gold mine of information and she wasn't going to waste such an opportunity.
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 07:48 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

It didn't take Lumen long to notice that he was dealing with an eccentric person. The girl he was talking to was definitely an introvert, that much was certain. The very moment Lumen gave her his name, she started jotting something down on clipboard. If what she already had on the clipboard already was anything to go by, it was likely his name she was writing down. Had he truly any interest in the girl, he might have almost been flattered that she was taking the time to record his name for later research.

After introduced herself as Luna, albeit in between stutters, she proceeded to divulge an interesting fact: her father was Phillip Earnshaw. Yes, that was a name he had certainly heard before. Phillip Earnshaw was a respected General of the Britannian Empire in the last war. Lumen vaguely recalled even seeing the man around the imperial palace as a child, of course that was before the war started. Unfortunately, he had fallen in battle against the Black Knights. Interestingly enough, this was the second girl related to a famous general he had met this month.

"Phillip Earnshaw, you say? That's a name I've undoubtedly heard before. It's truly an honor to meet the daughter of such an illustrious general."

Luna continued to stammer forth her words, eventually asking if he had a Knightmare frame on display. The entire time, the girl had her eyes and ears pinned on her surroundings, continuing to scribble things down on her paper. To be honest, Lumen probably would have lost interest in this girl long ago if it not for her quirky behavior.

"I do indeed have a Knightmare frame on display. It was a joint work project between my late father and myself. Perhaps you've heard of a man named Thomas Sensatus? Forgive me if I come off as a braggart, but I'd say he was a quite respected Knightmare frame designer in his own right. In any case, I digress. The name of my creation is the LK-01 Seraphim"

Many were familiar with the Knightmare frame scientist who was murdered by the BRL for refusing to join them. Although not commonly talked about, there was definitely a violence associated with the science of Knightmare frame engineering. Bloodshed was something to be expected from the trade, seeing as the creations of it were intended to be used as weapons of war.

"So do you have anything on display?"
PM
^
Luna
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 08:23 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Soldier/Scientist
Recruit
Member 65
32 Posts
Luna
Eccentric Manipulator

Luna arched her eyebrows as the boy spoke. He knew of her father? This was a most interesting development, made even more intriguing by the fact that the boy knew her father.
Y...you knew my...my father?" the girl asked, feeling her awkwardness increase to levels that she, even in the most awkward of situations had not felt before. Regardless she was diligent in her note taking and wrote down the name of the boy's father and the fact that he was a knightmare designer and had some sort of connection with her father, presumably through the Britannian military system.

"M-my father mentioned someone...someone named Sensatus...something about a new knightmare frame..." She continued awkwardly before the boy told her of the knightmare frame that he had on display which instantly caused Luna to let out an excited little giggle of sorts, writing down the name of the machine and marking it as something to be examined in detail if she could.

"O-oh I have something on display...b-but it's not much really, just a l-little power enhancement system I c-came up with n-no big deal...I bet the LK-01 is far more interesting..." Luna said, unintentionally taking a step closer to Lumen as she spoke, not paying attention to the world around her as much but still taking notes down as she stared into his eyes almost vacantly.
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 08:45 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

"I wouldn't say I knew your father, rather that I knew of him."

Upon hearing Lumen mention Knightmare frames, the girl cranked her awkwardness up to eleven. She even giggled when she heard mention of him having his own unit on display. This girl definitely had a one track mind - the only thing on that track being knightmare frame technology. Evidently she even had something of her own on display, a power enhancement system as she so affectionately referred to it. Although in actuality he had little to no real interest in what she created, he figured the least he could do was entertain her fascination.

"Ah, don't get so far ahead of yourself. I'm sure you have something interesting to display. As for the LK-01, feel free to take a look at it if at all interested. In fact, I'd be honored to explain its features more in depth."

The girl inched closer to Lumen the more she talked. She was starting to get what most referred to as uncomfortably close. He wasn't really bothered by her violating her personal space; She seemed as harmless as one could be. The girl probably didn't realize how close she was getting. As she peered up at him with her crimson orbs, Lumen couldn't help but compare her to a kid in a candy store.

"I'm sure it wasn't your intention, but you're standing awfully close to me. We wouldn't want people to get the wrong idea."
PM
^
Luna
 Posted: Jan 23 2017, 01:26 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Soldier/Scientist
Recruit
Member 65
32 Posts
Luna
Eccentric Manipulator

"Ohh...I would very much like that..." Luna said as she continued to stare into Lumen's eyes without actually realising what she was doing before he mentioned it and that snapped her out of her little trance, the girl's cheeks turning a bright shade of red with embarrassment as she backed away, mumbling something to herself. "Sorry...sorry...a-anyway, I want to see this...this knightmare you have...I want all the details...s-specs, schematcs...everything" She said, falling into a bit of a trance again before snapping herself out of it. "I-if you wouldn't mind...that is..." The girl continued, awkwardly noting more things down on her clipboard before deciding to show Lumen a piece of paper with sketches of her creation and theory notes about how the machine works along with possible applications of the device if it works as intended, all underneath the title of "Luna Drive Mk.I".

"I-I'll tell you a little about m-my creation if you want..." She stammered, hoping that it would be a sufficient exchange of information.
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Jan 23 2017, 06:16 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

This girl didn't realize she was asking the world of Lumen. Letting her look at his Knightmare and giving a brief overview was one thing, but giving her all of the data she wanted would allow her to create an exact copy given she had the proper resources. He wasn't foolish enough to give such details to a stranger.

"Unfortunately, I cannot oblige you in your request. A scientist doesn't divulge all of his secrets so easily. That said, I have no qualms with letting you take a close look at it."

The girl awkwardly pressed her clipboard into his hands. As he analyzed the drawing and schematics on the paper, he began to get a basic gist of what she was working with. In layman's terms It was an energy augmentation device created using a series of forced feedback loops, powered of course by a reactor. In theory, this could give a Knightmare frame the ability to supercharge their attacks.

"Charging up attacks with an additional source of energy is a creative idea. To be honest, My Knightmare frame functions in a similar manner in that it also has the ability to amplify attacks. It absorbs existing photons from the solar rays in the atmosphere and compresses them, the amount absorbed obviously increasing the power. I suppose your creation varies from mine in the way that it can theoretically increase the output performance of the machine as well. My only criticism is that I imagine such a device would put a lot of strain on the unit it's providing energy for."
PM
^
Luna
 Posted: Jan 23 2017, 08:38 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Soldier/Scientist
Recruit
Member 65
32 Posts
Luna
Eccentric Manipulator

"Aww that's no fun....I...I wanted some data th-that's all" Luna said a little disheartened as she heard Lumen tell her that she could not be given the information she wanted. Her face drooped a little, she had the opportunity to study a working experimental Knightmare frame in depth and she couldn't even do that. "F-fine I'll l-look at it...but I'm t-taking measurements" she said before Lumen began to talk about her own creation, the Luna Drive Mk.I. The girl's eyes lit up again, pleased by the fact that her designs weren't outright rejected, the boy even said that it was creative, a compliment that Luna was more than happy to take.

"Ph-photons...you mean you can manipulate light...that is r-rather interesting... Luna mulled this fact over in her mind for a second before noting down that she would have to look into that herself, it was an extremely intriguing concept. "O-oh it increases g-general power output passively when not in active use...b-but when activated in order...in order to empower a weapon it drains the machine quite a bit, I tested it once and it wrecked a blaze luminous system...well I say wrecked it was more knocked out and had to recharge, but...but I guess that's the cost...to obtain something of equal value must be lost..."
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Jan 23 2017, 09:04 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

The girl took on a slightly sullen disposition as Lumen rejected her the opportunity to study the entirety of his frame. Within moments, the girl pulled a 180 and beamed to life with joy at the small compliment Lumen passed her way. It was likely one of the few compliments she received all day, what with the way the older scientists at this conference were. Giving an aspiring Knightmare frame designer a confidence boost was the least he could do for a fellow member of the trade.

Lumen's brows furrowed slightly upon hearing that the was actually testing her experiments on Knightmare frames, ones with functional blaze luminous systems in particular. He didn't know what kind of knightmares she was tinkering with, but there was a likely chance the units were for military combat if they had functional blaze luminous shielding. He was beginning to form an inkling of curiosity aimed towards this girl.

"We can certainly check out my Knightmare frame, but first I'd like to take a look at your little invention. That is assuming you have one on display. You say it drained an entire blaze luminous system, so it must be quite power-hungry. What kind of Knightmare frame did you test it out with?"

The girl was probably an intern of some sort for the Britannian Military or the Black Knights. They more than likely pawned an older unit that was soon to be obsolete off onto her to toy around with. Based on her answer, he'd probably know her affiliations soon enough, not that it mattered.

PM
^
Luna
 Posted: Jan 24 2017, 02:17 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Soldier/Scientist
Recruit
Member 65
32 Posts
Luna
Eccentric Manipulator

"Well...It was an old model...some Britannian frame from the black rebellion that...that was going to be scrapped...so I decided to put it to use..." Luna said in response, neglecting to mention who had supplied her with the machine, although she assumed that the fact that it was a Britannian knightmare would make Lumen think she worked with Britannia or at least some lab within Britannia. "A-also this thing was extremely damaged...I...I had to make so many repairs to it that barely....barely any of the original components remain...it's close to being my own creation at this point" She said before nodding towards Lumen in response to his question. "F-follow me..." She said before walking off at a brisk pace towards where she had her stuff, weaving in and out of the crows while managing to take notes on the fly somehow.

"H-here it is" She said, somewhat awkwardly "The Luna Drive Mk.I"
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Jan 24 2017, 02:52 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

Lumen chuckled - as he suspected, Britannia had thrown her a heap of scrap metal to tinker with. Everybody had to start somewhere. It wasn't like they were going to entrust her with a high performance top tier Knightmare frame to work with right out of the gate.

After mulling over her statement a few more moments, he realized that something didn't quite add up. Being a Knightmare frame scientist, he was well aware that Blaze Luminous wasn't commonplace in the time of the Black Rebellion: in fact, the only machine on the battlefield that used it as far as he knew was the original Lancelot. There was a chance that they installed blaze luminous shielding on it, but why add a more advanced technology to an obsolete frame that was going to be scrapped? He was probably thinking too far into things like he always did. That was always one of his crutches.

Lumen walked along side the girl towards her device. If one thought they were getting dirty looks before, it was nothing compared to now. It was like people were trying to bore holes into the back of their heads with those venomous glares. Older scientists definitely didn't like the fact that two youngsters were strutting around acting as if they owned the place. This couldn't help but amuse Lumen; if these scientists had inferiority complexes so bad that the sight of two threatened them, then so be it.

As Lumen approached the machine, he was met with an image of a mechanism not far different from the schematics he had seen on paper. To be honest, he was diverting his attention to something else. He stood there staggered by what she had the machine hooked up to: a hadron cannon. It may have been an older chest-mounted model, but there was no mistaking it. How she had obtained one of these was beyond him. Being a member of them himself, he was pretty sure the Britannian military wouldn't let a rookie tinker around with something so dangerous, let alone give her the clearances to take it off base to a convention. Despite her appearance, was there a possibility that she was actually a respected scientist in the Britannian military? Still, it was odd that a Knightmare fanatic such as himself had never heard of her.

He highly doubted it, but coupled with the aforementioned blaze-luminous situation meant there was a slight possibility she was associated with some small-time arms dealer in Shinjuku, however, it wasn't likely she'd tell him the truth if she flat out asked. He'd have to ask her in an indirect way.

"Hmm...very impressive indeed. I'm assuming you're with the Britannian military then. Tell me, was this hadron cannon taken out of that same Knightmare you mentioned earlier?"
PM
^
Luna
 Posted: Jan 24 2017, 06:07 PM
Quote Post
BRL
Soldier/Scientist
Recruit
Member 65
32 Posts
Luna
Eccentric Manipulator

"Not strictly with the BM...I...I tend to get BM knightmares because of the sheer number of them. I actually work with an independent research group...a group that has connections here and there. Either way it's not my problem...I...I get my knightmares to tinker with...and the rest of the organisation gets results..." She said before adjusting her hair slightly, feeling slightly uneasy due to Lumen's prying. Did he know she was part of the BRL and just wanted a spoken confession? Was he trying to lure her into a false sense of security? She couldn't afford to be careless.

"The...the hadron cannon wasn't from the knightmare that I tested the Luna drive on...I...I...let's say inherited a great deal from my father..." She said, half lying and half telling the truth. She did work for an organisation that gave her knightmares to tinker with, and that organisation did expect results from her. Just not purely as a scienitst, the BRL, the true organisation that she worked for expected results on the field as a soldier too, and the Luna drive was a device that the BRL wanted Luna to perfect and give them an edge in battle, or at the least her. "Anything...anything else?"
PM
^
Lumen es Britannia
 Posted: Jan 24 2017, 07:39 PM
Quote Post
Britannian Military
Soldier/Scientist
Major
Member 9
123 Posts
Lumen es Britannia
Fallen Prince

So she was part of a group of independent contractors? To be honest, they must have been big time company if they were receiving Britannian Military Knightmare frames en masse. He did wonder whom she could belong to, but there were so many independent contractors out there that he might not even recognize the name. Still, it probably wouldn't hurt to ask at a later time.

Luna seemed to grow increasingly uncomfortable with every oncoming question. Normally he'd suspect something, but she was an introvert. People like her grew uneasy just holding idle conversation. Despite this, it was ostensible that she wasn't very fond of the idea of expanding upon the legacy her father left her in depth.

"Hmm...I see. I suppose that's enough questions for now. Would you be interested in seeing the Seraphim? It's on display not far from here."

Lumen had no reason to question the woman. Honestly, the idea of a socially awkward girl like her getting mixed up in small-time weapons trading was too absurd of an idea to begin with. That said, she was being quite cryptic and only providing vague answers to his questions. He was kind of curious why she would say she worked on the Blaze Luminous system of a knightmare from a generation that clearly wouldn't have had it. Was she merely lying about the entire testing of the machine in the first place to make impress him? He wasn't too suspicious of her at this point, but he still wanted her to realize that he was too shrewd for her to pull the wool over his eyes.

"One more thing...You mentioned earlier that the Blaze Luminous system your machine knocked out came from an outdated model from the Black Rebellion. Being a scientist as well as a Knightmare frame enthusiast, I am not familiar with any other machine that used Blaze luminous in the Black Rebellion other than the Lancelot. Are you trying to tell me there was a machine that utilized this technology I was unaware of?"
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Shinjuku | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

DIRECTORIES
RPG-DDistant FantasiesRPG Initiative

AFFILIATES
STATIC
Struggle of SoulsKH: Pieces in ReposeGundam RPGShiva MSTsLunar Eclipse, a post-stars sailor moon rpNTRPFE:ADR BannerThe 100 Role PlayThe Zaraki Rebellion photo htf-affilliate-1.pngNo Noise, No Noise

SCROLLING
SKINNED BY CATHULHU OF RPG-D